Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » Problems migrating from oxygen to photon(Empty Eclipse after importing Oxygen project to Photon)
Problems migrating from oxygen to photon [message #1792081] Wed, 11 July 2018 04:05 Go to next message
Marcus Boumans is currently offline Marcus BoumansFriend
Hi,

I did my first steps in Papyrus and SysML with Eclispe Oxygen.
Now I want to migrate to Photon.

I can not open my Projects with the new Eclispe Version.
I have tried Fiel - Open Project from File System and also Import
The wizard recognizes my project but when I click "Finish" to import the project, nothing happens.
I just get an empty eclipse IDE.

Regs

Marcus
Re: Problems migrating from oxygen to photon [message #1792200 is a reply to message #1792081] Thu, 12 July 2018 14:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ri Fr is currently offline Ri FrFriend
Marcus this MIGHT work:
1. Create a new empty project in Papyrus
2. Go to Model Explorer
3. Separately open the folder containing your old project files in Windows Explorer or whatever file manager for your OS
4. Here's the trick: manually drag the *.uml, *.di and *.project files from your Windows explorer to your project folder in Papyrus Model Explorer
5. Double-click your project *.uml file in Model Explorer and keep fingers crossed. If you are lucky the model will open.
Re: Problems migrating from oxygen to photon [message #1792284 is a reply to message #1792200] Sat, 14 July 2018 05:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Marcus Boumans is currently offline Marcus BoumansFriend
Hi Richard,

perfect it worked!
Thank you!

Regs

Marcus
Re: Problems migrating from oxygen to photon [message #1792292 is a reply to message #1792284] Sat, 14 July 2018 15:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ri Fr is currently offline Ri FrFriend
Glad I could help!
Re: Problems migrating from oxygen to photon [message #1793311 is a reply to message #1792292] Fri, 03 August 2018 15:02 Go to previous message
Tomas Balderas is currently offline Tomas BalderasFriend
Dear Richard

In my case, I cannot get anything working. Could you please assist me?

1. I do not know what you mean with a "Papyrus empty project". I assumed you mean a project folder without any model -> di, notation, uml elements below it in the Project Explorer, right? How can I create such thing? I cannot do it using the wizard that appears when I click on File->New->Papyrus Project, since I always get the model -> di, notation, uml elements hierarchy. What am I doing wrong?
2. I created a new Papyrus project (folder with model -> di, notation, uml elements below it in the Project Explorer) than contains no diagram at all; then, i tried to drag and drop the .uml, .di and .notation files (there is no .project file) from the Finder Window in macOS to the Model Explorer in Eclipse Photon and is not possible. This operation does not seem to be allowed for Eclipse on macOS High Sierra.

What am I doing wrong? I really appreciate your help. Kindest regards.

/TB

[Updated on: Fri, 03 August 2018 15:15]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Filter uninterested model elements in Model explorer
Next Topic:Get Java Code Generator to work
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 23:29:35 GMT 2024