Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Sirius » [Sirius] Highlighting a graphical element
[Sirius] Highlighting a graphical element [message #1791933] Sun, 08 July 2018 00:23 Go to next message
Akira Tanaka is currently offline Akira TanakaFriend
Hello,

I have a couple of similar questions on Sirius.

Case 1:
When a user completes his/her graphical model with Sirius, he/she may want to use "search window" (search menu) to locate specific model element by providing e.g. model element's name. It works but currently does not point to or highlight "model element in the diagram." Is there a way to do this? If not, which class should I look at to achieve this?

Case 2:
When a user find a model element "X" in model/project explorer, he/she may want to locate it by highlighting the model element in the diagram. Is there a way to do this e.g. by right-clicking the element? If not, which class should I look at to achieve this?

Thank you for your help in advance.

-- Akira
Re: [Sirius] Highlighting a graphical element [message #1791978 is a reply to message #1791933] Mon, 09 July 2018 09:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Steve Monnier is currently offline Steve MonnierFriend
Hello,

The "Quick search" contextual action or the shortcut ctrl+o will answer both your case. It will open a popup with every semantic element displayed on the current representation. The focus will be on a text field acting as a filter. When you press enter or double click on an element, it will focus on it on the representation. Note that if the element was out of view because it was too big, the editor will scroll and reveal it.

Regards,
Steve

Steve Monnier - Obeo Canada
Need training or professional services for Sirius?
http://www.obeodesigner.com/sirius
Re: [Sirius] Highlighting a graphical element [message #1792001 is a reply to message #1791978] Mon, 09 July 2018 15:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thank you for the response.

I tried ctrl+o on my mac but did not work. I checked if ctrl+o is already registered in my OSX, and the result was no (not registered). With which Sirius version and on which platform does ctrl+o work? Windows and/or Linux and/or ... ?
Also, I do not see any "Quick search" contextual action menu, when I right click on e.g. an entity (box) element in model explorer.
I am using Obeo Designer Community, Version 10.1.0. Should I get the latest version of Sirius?

I would appreciate if you could share additional thoughts or comments.

Best Regards,
Akira
Re: [Sirius] Highlighting a graphical element [message #1792023 is a reply to message #1792001] Tue, 10 July 2018 08:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hello,

On OSX, it is cmd+o (⌘+o) instead of ctrl+o as on Windows and Linux. You can see the "Quick search" contextual action if you right click on the background of the diagram (no selection).

Best Regards,
Steve

Re: [Sirius] Highlighting a graphical element [message #1792041 is a reply to message #1792023] Tue, 10 July 2018 12:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hello,

This time it works, and thank you very much for your patience! It is really very nice built-in search utility!

Best Regards,
Akira
Re: [Sirius] Highlighting a graphical element [message #1792048 is a reply to message #1792041] Tue, 10 July 2018 13:51 Go to previous message
Hello again,

Great! Thank you for your nice feedback :)

Best Regards,
Steve

Previous Topic:Java extension not found
Next Topic:Exception is being thrown when running plugin
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 16:01:59 GMT 2024