Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Mylyn » Photon made switching tasks much faster
Photon made switching tasks much faster [message #1791828] Thu, 05 July 2018 16:34 Go to next message
David M. Karr is currently offline David M. KarrFriend
You might be thinking, what problem is he asking about?

I don't have a problem. In fact, I just wanted to report something really nice that happened when I upgraded from Oxygen to Photon. I don't know whether it was an accident.

I use Mylyn tasks quite a bit to separate my work, but I've always found it annoying how long it takes to switch tasks (longer than most shoppers wait for pages to load). This morning I realized that switching tasks in Photon is much, much faster than it was in Oxygen. I hope it continues doing this.
Re: Photon made switching tasks much faster [message #1792011 is a reply to message #1791828] Mon, 09 July 2018 21:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sam Davis is currently offline Sam DavisFriend
Hi,

I'm not sure what would have caused that, but it is great to hear. Thanks for letting us know.

Cheers,
Sam
Re: Photon made switching tasks much faster [message #1795348 is a reply to message #1792011] Thu, 20 September 2018 17:44 Go to previous message
David M. Karr is currently offline David M. KarrFriend
However, after using Photon for a couple of months, the performance of switching tasks has degraded back to what it used to be, being pretty slow. I imagine there must be something that accumulates day to day that slows this down.
Previous Topic:Montior UI Plugin does not call init() when Debug Launched as an Eclipse Product
Next Topic:Mylyn 3.24.2 is now available
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 19:23:17 GMT 2024