Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » TMF (Xtext) » Is Maven supposed to work properly?
Is Maven supposed to work properly? [message #1791396] Thu, 28 June 2018 17:51 Go to next message
Alex Mising name is currently offline Alex Mising nameFriend
Hello,

With a lot of help from these forums I've finally gotten to a stage where my language is usable. So I just tried "mvn install" for the first time, to get it into my local repository (I want to use it in a separate project via Maven as per Integration in Standard Maven Builds).

However, I got a weird security-related error. Now, before doing anything I fired up Eclipse and created a new Xtext project as follows:

1. Next on the first page of the wizard (org.xtext.example.mydsl)
  2. On second page ticked (enabled) feature/update site boxes
  3. On second page, changed preferred build system to Maven
  4. On second page, set language server to regulart

I then immediately tried "mvn install" on the brand new project (no changes from me) and I got the same error:

ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.eclipse.xtend:xtend-maven-plugin:2.14.0:compile (default) on project org.xtext.example.mydsl: Execution default of goal org.eclipse.xtend:xtend-maven-plugin:2.14.0:compile failed: Unable to load the mojo 'compile' (or one of its required components) from the plugin 'org.eclipse.xtend:xtend-maven-plugin:2.14.0': com.google.inject.ProvisionException: Unable to provision, see the following errors:
[ERROR] 
[ERROR] 1) Error injecting constructor, com.google.inject.internal.util.$ComputationException: com.google.inject.internal.util.$ComputationException: java.lang.SecurityException: class "org.eclipse.core.runtime.OperationCanceledException"'s signer information does not match signer information of other classes in the same package
[ERROR]   at org.eclipse.xtend.maven.XtendCompile.<init>(Unknown Source)
[ERROR]   while locating org.eclipse.xtend.maven.XtendCompile
[ERROR]   at ClassRealm[plugin>org.eclipse.xtend:xtend-maven-plugin:2.14.0, parent: sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader@3d4eac69] (via modules: org.eclipse.sisu.wire.WireModule -> org.eclipse.sisu.plexus.PlexusBindingModule)
[ERROR]   while locating org.apache.maven.plugin.Mojo annotated with @com.google.inject.name.Named(value=org.eclipse.xtend:xtend-maven-plugin:2.14.0:compile)
[ERROR] 
[ERROR] 1 error
[ERROR]       role: org.apache.maven.plugin.Mojo
[ERROR]   roleHint: org.eclipse.xtend:xtend-maven-plugin:2.14.0:compile

Now, this is the default project that the wizard generates. I also tried without update/feature/language-server (so all defaults in the wizard bar the option to use Maven as the build system) and I still get the same.

Any pointers as to what may be wrong?

I am using xtext 2.14. The message "signer information does not match signer information of other classes in the same package" seems to indicate there is some dubious jar, so I deleted everyhing from ~/.m2/repository and retried (doing a fresh download for the world), but the problem persists. I am not using any maven mirros (everything comes from maven central).

I'd appreciate any pointers on what to look at next...

Re: Is Maven supposed to work properly? [message #1791397 is a reply to message #1791396] Thu, 28 June 2018 17:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Christian Dietrich is currently offline Christian DietrichFriend
Him i saw this loally first doday and am analyszing
can you please create a bug at

https://github.com/eclipse/xtext

Twitter : @chrdietrich
Blog : https://www.dietrich-it.de
Re: Is Maven supposed to work properly? [message #1791399 is a reply to message #1791397] Thu, 28 June 2018 17:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have filed: https://github.com/eclipse/xtext/issues/1231
Re: Is Maven supposed to work properly? [message #1791401 is a reply to message #1791399] Thu, 28 June 2018 18:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My timing was perfect though. I can't believe I tried for the first time when something had actually broken....!
Re: Is Maven supposed to work properly? [message #1791403 is a reply to message #1791397] Thu, 28 June 2018 18:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
workaround

<plugin>
					<groupId>org.eclipse.xtend</groupId>
					<artifactId>xtend-maven-plugin</artifactId>
					<version>${xtextVersion}</version>
					<dependencies>
						<dependency>
						    <groupId>org.eclipse.platform</groupId>
						    <artifactId>org.eclipse.equinox.common</artifactId>
						    <version>3.10.0</version>
						</dependency>
					</dependencies>

Re: Is Maven supposed to work properly? [message #1791404 is a reply to message #1791403] Thu, 28 June 2018 18:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cause is new versions of eclipse plugin due photon release and maven dependency hell

Re: Is Maven supposed to work properly? [message #1791413 is a reply to message #1791396] Fri, 29 June 2018 04:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Christian Weisskopf is currently offline Christian WeisskopfFriend
And I thought I was going crazy yesterday since all of our builds broke for no apparent reason and even completely wiping our maven repos didn't help.

Thanks for posting the workaround, already made my day. Maybe make this more visible, eg. on the Github repo, Xtend Google group, etc.?
Re: Is Maven supposed to work properly? [message #1791431 is a reply to message #1791404] Fri, 29 June 2018 09:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Christian Mathis is currently offline Christian MathisFriend
We have the same problem here with version 2.11.0 of the xtend-maven-plugin.

The workaround works though.
Re: Is Maven supposed to work properly? [message #1791442 is a reply to message #1791404] Fri, 29 June 2018 12:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jan Koehnlein is currently offline Jan KoehnleinFriend
The same workaround works for the xtext-maven-plugin.

---
Get professional support from the Xtext committers at www.typefox.io
Re: Is Maven supposed to work properly? [message #1791452 is a reply to message #1791442] Fri, 29 June 2018 16:28 Go to previous message
alternatively you can explicitely specify the jdt version that your xtext version wants to have e.g.

<plugin>
					<groupId>org.eclipse.xtend</groupId>
					<artifactId>xtend-maven-plugin</artifactId>
					<version>${xtextVersion}</version>
					<dependencies>
						<dependency>
						    <groupId>org.eclipse.jdt</groupId>
						    <artifactId>org.eclipse.jdt.core</artifactId>
						    <version>3.13.102</version>
						</dependency>
					</dependencies>

Previous Topic:Ecore.genmodel: Feature not found?
Next Topic:References doesn't work in my grammar
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 10:41:51 GMT 2024