Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » BPMN 2.0 Modeler » Does the customtasks example work ?
Does the customtasks example work ? [message #1791358] Thu, 28 June 2018 11:28 Go to next message
Romain Bernard is currently offline Romain BernardFriend
Hi Bpmn2 team !

I am implementing a model extension for the bpmn2 modeler.

I can't make the org.eclipse.bpmn2.modeler.examples.customtask example work... Is it up-to-date ?

Thanks...
Kind regards

Romain

[Updated on: Thu, 28 June 2018 11:30]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Does the customtasks example work ? [message #1791400 is a reply to message #1791358] Thu, 28 June 2018 18:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ralph Soika is currently offline Ralph SoikaFriend
I just take a quick look and I can not see any problem.
Try to checkout the latest sources from the git code repository

ssh://[YOUR USER ID]@git.eclipse.org:29418/bpmn2-modeler/org.eclipse.bpmn2-modeler.git

You will find information in the tutorial "HowToStartContributing" :
https://wiki.eclipse.org/BPMN2-Modeler/DeveloperTutorials/HowToStartContributing
Re: Does the customtasks example work ? [message #1791402 is a reply to message #1791400] Thu, 28 June 2018 18:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ralph Soika is currently offline Ralph SoikaFriend
Also check the developer tutorials: https://wiki.eclipse.org/BPMN2-Modeler/DeveloperTutorials
Re: Does the customtasks example work ? [message #1791428 is a reply to message #1791402] Fri, 29 June 2018 08:47 Go to previous message
Romain Bernard is currently offline Romain BernardFriend
I imported the deployed example plugin as source project. I will try to checkout the sources from git, and say you if it works better...

I have read all the tutorials, and (almost ;-) all bpmn2 source code...
But I'm stuck with strange behaviours :
- some extended elements (with customTask and featureContainer) miss expected editing behaviours. For example, a concept extending Task has this pb, although another concept extending BusinessRuleTask, and developed exactly the same way, behaves normally (all expected editing behaviours are present))
- extended elements do not inherit style behaviours from the preferences (I would like my extended Task to benefit from Task style defaults)

That's why I would like to see the customTasks example in action ;-) And also because when I follow the example prnciples, things do not work anymore for my extensions... ;-/

Thanks for your quick response !
Regards

Previous Topic:Other problems when saving BPMN models
Next Topic:Creating process documentation
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 00:43:03 GMT 2024