Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Nebula » RichTextEditor: Table-Tags are removed when set in editor?
RichTextEditor: Table-Tags are removed when set in editor? [message #1791345] Thu, 28 June 2018 09:30 Go to next message
Magnus Konze is currently offline Magnus KonzeFriend
Hi,
i'm using the RichTextEditor in RAP.

When setting a text (RichTextEditor.setText(String)) which contains a HTML-table all table-related tags (table, tr, th...) are removed.

Is this the expected behaviour?

My version obviously supports tables, because i can copy&paste them into the editor.
Re: RichTextEditor: Table-Tags are removed when set in editor? [message #1791357 is a reply to message #1791345] Thu, 28 June 2018 11:20 Go to previous message
Dirk Fauth is currently offline Dirk FauthFriend
Well, the setText() method simply calls the javascript method on the CKEditor instance setData(). And even insertHTML() called on the CKEditor instance via Javascript seems to remove the table tags.

Therefore I am not sure where the issue is. For me it is inside CKEditor, but I am not sure if it is because we have not included the table plugin or if the CKEditor version in use is too old.

Anyhow, the editor and the viewer are intended to share the same features, and the viewer does not support table tags. So I would also not introduce table support until the RichTextViewer is able to handle them.
Previous Topic:Will SWTPlus widgets be put into the nebula project?
Next Topic:[GanttChart] Zooming for D_Day view?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 01:05:43 GMT 2024