Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Epsilon » Epsilon as a Service
Epsilon as a Service [message #1791332] Thu, 28 June 2018 08:00 Go to next message
Luca Berardinelli is currently offline Luca BerardinelliFriend
Dear all,
I hope I am not off topic. I am using EPSILON in a local environment. My goal is deploying EPSILON-based artefacts on Tomcat as a service (i.e. a .war) so that I can invoke a model management task on the server side.

Is there any use case that can help me to achieve this goal? As I said, this post should span many forum. However, the real value comes from EPSILON functionalities so I am posting here for now.

best,
Luca

Luca Berardinelli
Re: Epsilon as a Service [message #1791333 is a reply to message #1791332] Thu, 28 June 2018 08:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dimitris Kolovos is currently offline Dimitris KolovosFriend

Hi Luca,

Does this help? http://www.eclipse.org/epsilon/doc/articles/egl-server-side/

Cheers,
Dimitris
Re: Epsilon as a Service [message #1791335 is a reply to message #1791333] Thu, 28 June 2018 08:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Too fast :), only two minutes!

I will have a look to implement my use case and I will come back with feedback. For completion I describe the use case below:

1. I have existing model2text transformations implemented using EGL/EGX plus a set of EOL libraries. In particular, I am transforming .CSV files to Java source code
2. An external Java Tool for Epsilon may be invoked during the transformation to read data stored on the server side

Thanks again for the fast reply.
Luca

Luca Berardinelli

[Updated on: Thu, 28 June 2018 08:22]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Epsilon as a Service [message #1791343 is a reply to message #1791335] Thu, 28 June 2018 09:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Hi Luca,

This all sounds perfectly feasible but do let me know if you find yourself into any undocumented corners of the API :) You can get dependency-free Epsilon JARs for your Tomcat web-app in the respective tab of http://www.eclipse.org/epsilon/download/ or through Maven.

Cheers,
Dimitris
Re: Epsilon as a Service [message #1799413 is a reply to message #1791343] Thu, 06 December 2018 11:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Dimitris,
in addition to my work on using Epsilon for OWL/RDF (https://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/m/1799407/#msg_1799407), I am back to this activity. I am going to use Maven libraries.
I am importing version 1.4.0 as shown in the Maven download tab. Is Epsilon 1.5.0 available? I am probably using 1.5 in my Eclipse Photon installation. Since I was developing the same transformations in Eclipse Oxygen and I had a smooth transition to Epsilon/Photon, I think that the same will happen in the transformation services I want to implement. Do you have any advice on that?

best,
Luca

Luca Berardinelli
Re: Epsilon as a Service [message #1799449 is a reply to message #1799413] Thu, 06 December 2018 23:22 Go to previous message

Hi Luca,

We spotted a small bug after we released 1.5.0 and hence we released 1.5.1 a few days later, which seems to have also made it on Maven Central https://mvnrepository.com/artifact/org.eclipse.epsilon/epsilon-core.

Cheers,
Dimitris
Previous Topic:Using Epsilon for OWL to Ecore/Java transformations
Next Topic:model instances (.xmi)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 20:16:11 GMT 2024