Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Remote Application Platform (RAP) » SUGGEST FOR WAR PRODUCT TOOL
SUGGEST FOR WAR PRODUCT TOOL [message #1791305] Thu, 28 June 2018 02:37 Go to next message
David Song is currently offline David SongFriend
I suggest: Is it possible to incorporate warproduct into the rap development program? Surely this tool can and easily publish rap without having to write a lot of code.
Re: SUGGEST FOR WAR PRODUCT TOOL [message #1791411 is a reply to message #1791305] Fri, 29 June 2018 00:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chris Fairhall is currently offline Chris FairhallFriend
You can use Tycho to produce WAR files.

I built a maven plugin to produce the config.ini file based on a launch file, it's pretty straightforward to do.
Unfortunately I can't share it as it was built for a client who now owns the IP.
Re: SUGGEST FOR WAR PRODUCT TOOL [message #1791418 is a reply to message #1791411] Fri, 29 June 2018 06:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chris Merg is currently offline Chris MergFriend
Look at this example project which is configured for being built with Tycho.
Once you have set up your project for Tycho, it is very easy to deploy your project.
Re: SUGGEST FOR WAR PRODUCT TOOL [message #1792009 is a reply to message #1791418] Mon, 09 July 2018 20:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hannes Erven is currently offline Hannes ErvenFriend
I think it is perfectly okay to use project Libra's WAR Product Export (http://download.eclipse.org/libra/releases/latest/?d) to build RAP applications as WAR files, I'm doing this all the time.

Is there a specific issue you have using this export? I'm the more or less active maintainer of that export component (read: I keep it running for my day job, which means it is currently tested for Oxygen, not yet for Photon) so if you have a specific issue I'll try to help.
Re: SUGGEST FOR WAR PRODUCT TOOL [message #1793888 is a reply to message #1792009] Sun, 19 August 2018 02:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
David Song is currently offline David SongFriend
Yesterday, I tried to write a rap app only with IntelliJ IDEA and maven, and it works well。 In reference to this link: https://wiki.eclipse.org/RAP/FAQ#How_do_I_develop_an_RWT_standalone_application_with_RAP_.3E.3D_1.5
Re: SUGGEST FOR WAR PRODUCT TOOL [message #1796539 is a reply to message #1792009] Mon, 15 October 2018 22:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Robert Craig is currently offline Robert CraigFriend
I've run into problems trying to build an E4 RAP war file using the latest release of RAP (3.6.0 with Photon).

The Libra War Products tool no longer works (you get an empty dialog when attempting to open the created warproduct file: This thread seems to indicate that it is no longer being maintained? https://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/t/1087206/ ).

Quick edit: I did get the war product tool working on Oxygen with the 3.6.0 relase, so that's at least got me going.

I did try looking into maven / tycho to do the build (and the consensus seems to be that this is the best way yto go), but I'm feeling like a bit of an idiot there since I couldn't get things to work at all when I tried modifying the build infrastructure shown in the git repository. There's a lot going on there, so it's difficult to see the forest throught the trees : >. If anyone has a simple example which works with a simple local bundle (e..g. how would the rap.e4.demo bundle get built / deployed as a war file), that would be really useful. Most of the other examples that I've found in my searches seem to be > 8 years old.

Thanks very much for any help!

[Updated on: Tue, 16 October 2018 20:12]

Report message to a moderator

Re: SUGGEST FOR WAR PRODUCT TOOL [message #1796653 is a reply to message #1796539] Tue, 16 October 2018 22:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Robert,

Libra's current master branch is already suitable for Photon: http://git.eclipse.org/c/libra/org.eclipse.libra.git/

It is true that Libra is lacking resources for active development, however I still plan to keep it running.

There has a new build instance been set up at Eclipse, and I'll be looking into upgrading the code to 2018.09 in the next few weeks.
I've just managed to sucessfully complete a Photon compatible build at Jenkins - you can download the ZIP and use it as an update site to install the WAR Export.

(edit: here's the link: https://jenkins.eclipse.org/libra/job/Libra%20WAR/ )

Best regards,

-hannes

[Updated on: Tue, 16 October 2018 22:28]

Re: SUGGEST FOR WAR PRODUCT TOOL [message #1796679 is a reply to message #1796653] Wed, 17 October 2018 14:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Robert Craig is currently offline Robert CraigFriend
Hi Hannes:

I've installed the update and I'm now happily exporting WAR files in Photon.

Thanks so much for putting this together. It's greatly appreciated!

Robert.
Re: SUGGEST FOR WAR PRODUCT TOOL [message #1796809 is a reply to message #1796679] Fri, 19 October 2018 08:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Benjamin Wolff is currently offline Benjamin WolffFriend
Hi Hannes,

I just wanted to send a big big "Thank you!!!" into your direction for fixing up a compatible Libra build for Eclipse 4.8/4.9!! I'm using the latest SNAPSHOT build in 2018.09 and it's working like a charm! It's very much appreciated indeed!

When the WAR tooling broke a few Eclipse releases ago, this was actually quite a pain point for me. I had to switch to a previous Eclipse version just for being able to build the WAR file. I starting looking into the Libra tooling sources and also considered trying out a maven-based build using Tycho, but I didn't really came to a usuale result. Having this fixed version now provided by you helps a lot!

Now I can move over to the next big issue of investigating running my Eclipse RAP app on Java >8 ;)

Cheers,
Ben
Re: SUGGEST FOR WAR PRODUCT TOOL [message #1796860 is a reply to message #1796809] Fri, 19 October 2018 20:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Benjamin,

your words are greatly appreciated - at some point I was already wondering whether my clients were the only projects on this planet relying on the WAR Export ;-)

I'm as well as you at the start of migrating a Oxygen/Java 8 project to 2018.09/Java 11. Right now, we are still in "dependency hell", apparently something about Batik and BIRT... :-(

Best regards,

-hannes
Re: SUGGEST FOR WAR PRODUCT TOOL [message #1800101 is a reply to message #1796809] Thu, 20 December 2018 00:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cho HyunJong is currently offline Cho HyunJongFriend

I totally agree.
I want to use WAR plugins projects.

[Updated on: Thu, 20 December 2018 04:35]

Re: SUGGEST FOR WAR PRODUCT TOOL [message #1802059 is a reply to message #1791305] Thu, 31 January 2019 13:10 Go to previous message
Michael Fritscher is currently offline Michael FritscherFriend
I'm a regular user of the WAR export as well - thank you very much for maintaining!
Previous Topic:RAP upgrade issue with TableColumn:hover
Next Topic:Copy, Tabulation and Search features in RAP widgets
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 19:48:50 GMT 2024