Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Too Difficult to install, to compile, to use ide, and to uninstall(Hard To Use)
Too Difficult to install, to compile, to use ide, and to uninstall [message #1791185] Mon, 25 June 2018 15:51 Go to next message
erick schultz is currently offline erick schultzFriend
I probably won't be an eclipse user... Too many difficulties getting it to work. I am trying C++, and have run in to so many problems in using the IDE, it just doesn't seem to be worth the bother. For example.. When it opens - it doesn't show any code. You have to click on a tiny icon on the left screen that looks like it might be a file folder, When I clicked on the code - it disappeared again. and jumped back to the welcome screen So, even though I can't edit anything or click on anything, I tried to compile and it said nothing to compile, and seemed to be compileing some other code. I figured maybe I needed to click on the code I wanted to compile, but since I couldn't click on the window, I clicked on the project name in the left panel, then compiled... Well it had errors like unable to find system file. I would copy it to this forum, but still unable to click on even the output without jumping back to welcome window. I reinstalled, but that didn't change anything. So, I probably will find some other IDE... Since this one seems to have problems.. I tried to uninstall it, but it says it doesn't show up in windows applications, so it can't be installed... Even that is a complicated process apparently.

Re: Too Difficult to install, to compile, to use ide, and to uninstall [message #1791188 is a reply to message #1791185] Mon, 25 June 2018 16:24 Go to previous message
Anne Creek is currently offline Anne CreekFriend
"When it opens - it doesn't show any code. "
As it should not.
It has been a while since I installed mine so....
You should get "welcoming splash " with some options.
And with an option not to show it next time.

Eclipse is not just C /C++.

I do not run Widows , perhaps you have downloaded wrong OS version, wrong OS "bits version" etc.
No, I WILL NOT blame the problem on user - but there are few things you could have missed.
Don't give up, not yet.
Cheers

Previous Topic:java.nio.file
Next Topic:Compiling using Java 8
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 17:24:05 GMT 2024