Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » ATL » UML profile to Ecore transformation
UML profile to Ecore transformation [message #1791060] Fri, 22 June 2018 10:06 Go to next message
Steven Schmock is currently offline Steven SchmockFriend
Hello everybody,

i have created a UML profile with papyrus. The profile consists of stereotypes that extending different MetaClass, such as UML:Port and UML:Class.

Now i want to transform from this uml profile to an ecore file with ATL .
Is that possible? I found several Ecore to UML transformations, but not UML to Ecore.

Thanks in advance
Steven
Re: UML profile to Ecore transformation [message #1791090 is a reply to message #1791060] Fri, 22 June 2018 17:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dennis Wagelaar is currently offline Dennis WagelaarFriend

This is possible, but keep in mind that UML is a much richer language than Ecore. It only makes sense if you have a very specific transformation in mind for your scenario.

Cheers,
Dennis
Re: UML profile to Ecore transformation [message #1791136 is a reply to message #1791060] Sun, 24 June 2018 22:48 Go to previous message
Steven Schmock is currently offline Steven SchmockFriend
Thanks Dennis,

I have made an example to try it out. I've created a input model called SystemModel
index.php/fa/33224/0/

and an output model called SystemDocumentation.
index.php/fa/33225/0/

The input model was created with papyrus.
index.php/fa/33226/0/

I've extended the UML port with the attributes Type and Description, as well as the UML class. Then I generated an Ecore from the Papyrus Uml model file.

Now I want to transform the SystemModel to SystemDocumentation. I need the name of UML Port and Class, but also the attributes from the stereotypes of the SystemModel
to group them in the SystemDocu class in SystemDocumentation.ecore.

I created a sysml file as source model, in which I created a class and a port and to which I applied the stereotypes ClassExtension and PortExtension
index.php/fa/33223/0/

My first question is if this special case is possible and if it is possible, would someone have a hint how to formulate the atl rule? I want to get the attributes from the PortExtension and ClassExtension stereotypes and also some attributes from the uml types (Class and Port).
Previous Topic: Microsoft Office Excel Extractor Problem
Next Topic:MDA
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 09:31:21 GMT 2024