Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Ecore Tools » EPackage registration not deployed in any feature (and improvements)
EPackage registration not deployed in any feature (and improvements) [message #1791053] Fri, 22 June 2018 09:03 Go to next message
Didier Vojtisek is currently offline Didier VojtisekFriend
Hi

Ecoretools seems to have in its git repository an EPackage registration feature, (see https://github.com/eclipse/ecoretools/tree/master/org.eclipse.emf.ecoretools.registration)

I think this kind of feature would benefit to be hosted in ecoretools project as it appears to have been implemented by several tools (Epsilon has one, ATL has one, GEMOC has one, Kermeta has one and probably others ....)

however, the code in ecoretools repository is not deployed in the update site (the plugin doesn't seem to be included in any feature)

Is there any objection to contribution :
1. (r)enable its deployment in one of the ecoretools features ?
2. as the code in ecoretools git is actually an early version of the one we developped and used in Kermeta and then in GEMOC so I can easily contribute some other enhancement to it

(Ie. I just want to make sure that if I do such contribution, someone will look at it and eventually accept it. Otherwise I'll do as before, ie. provide this feature to GEMOC with a copy of it :-( )

best regards
Didier
Re: EPackage registration not deployed in any feature (and improvements) [message #1792028 is a reply to message #1791053] Tue, 10 July 2018 09:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cedric Brun is currently offline Cedric BrunFriend
Hi Didier,

This sound interesting, I can't promise on any delay to look into it but I would definitely look into such a contribution.
Please: make sure that there is a specific feature for this particular functionnality (don't reuse some of the already existing ones), and include the new one it into the update-site. I'd like consumers to make an explicit choice in order to embed it as this kind of feature could have unexpected effects in some setups.
Copy/pasting an existing feature to get started and updating all the id's (the feature ID, the .project and so one..) is probably an easy way to get started as a feature is supposed to contains quite a few required legal files.

http://cedric.brun.io news and articles on eclipse and eclipse modeling.
Re: EPackage registration not deployed in any feature (and improvements) [message #1792378 is a reply to message #1792028] Mon, 16 July 2018 15:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Cédric
thanks,
no problem to use a separate feature ID

I'll add this action in my todo list for this summer as part of https://github.com/eclipse/gemoc-studio/issues/14.

I'll make sure that the code will be as clean as possible (do not use deprecated api, user documentation, headers,...) to minimize your work :-)

About the new feature, this will be about the "autoregister nature + builder". Ie. a builder nature that allows to automatically register all ecore files present in the project.

Re: EPackage registration not deployed in any feature (and improvements) [message #1800947 is a reply to message #1792378] Thu, 10 January 2019 09:12 Go to previous message
Hi
I submitted the proposed code though gerrit last summer (see https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=537295)

can some of ecoretools commiters have a look ?

best regards
Didier

Previous Topic:attribute cardinality
Next Topic:recusive subproperties
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 02:05:39 GMT 2024