Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Oomph » Setup Task Development(How to debug and unit test the task)
Setup Task Development [message #1790968] Wed, 20 June 2018 17:51 Go to next message
Matthias Fromme is currently offline Matthias FrommeFriend
Hello,

I'm currently developing a setup task for using a code versioning system used in my company.
Now that i have the basic functionality up and running, I am wondering about debugging and unit testing my setup task.
So the question is, how to execute/debug the setup task from my eclipse IDE without having to deploy it and execute the setup model from the installer, since this is very time consuming.

Regards,
Matthias

[Updated on: Wed, 20 June 2018 17:59]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Setup Task Development [message #1790975 is a reply to message #1790968] Wed, 20 June 2018 20:05 Go to previous message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
We use two approaches to debug/test things. Mostly it's all manual. The simplest is to do a debug launch of an Eclipse instance and run the tasks where, e.g., create the task in the workspace.setup and then do a perform. For more complex things, we do a local Maven/Tycho build to produce an update site with the tasks, and then launch the installer with a redirection to use the local update site. If the task don't run in the installer but in the launched IDE, we can do a remote debug of the launched application to debug the behavior of the task; this is the most complex and time consuming approach. We have most of those launchers committed so you can see how we debug the Oomph stuff...

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Previous Topic:Can't install eclipse with installer -
Next Topic:Disable "Launch Automatically" Automatically
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 04:41:33 GMT 2024