Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » WindowBuilder » manual download of Windowbuilder(cant find link for manual download of Windowbuilder to Eclipse 4.8)
manual download of Windowbuilder [message #1790961] Wed, 20 June 2018 15:49 Go to next message
Tsahi Badash is currently offline Tsahi BadashFriend
Hello
im using Eclipse 4.8 on my local pc
this pc is not connect to the internet in any way, and it cannot be connected. i just cant connect it to the internet !
i can only download from another pc and copy it by USB DISK ON KEY.

so i need windowbuilder for Ecplipse 4.8(photon) and i can see that there is no manual download link for that version (image attached)

can you please tell me what to do ? or what can i do ?
does the download link should be available soon ?

:) thanks
  • Attachment: ecplise.png
    (Size: 26.76KB, Downloaded 458 times)
Re: manual download of Windowbuilder [message #1791026 is a reply to message #1790961] Thu, 21 June 2018 15:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Vincenzo Caselli is currently offline Vincenzo CaselliFriend

Hi Tsahi,
here it is: go to page

http://download.eclipse.org/windowbuilder/WB/integration/4.8/

click on "Show directory contents"

and download repository.zip.

Then from Photon, Install New Software, Add, Archive, select the zip file, give a name for this update site and proceed.

HTH
Vincenzo
RCP Vision
Re: manual download of Windowbuilder [message #1792904 is a reply to message #1791026] Wed, 25 July 2018 14:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Patrick Sweezy is currently offline Patrick SweezyFriend
Man, its hard to believe how many fucking hours I spent on trying to find a link to this project. In a few minutes I was into the the proper web page but they put the repository.zip file needed to install WindowBuilder on an obscure menu at the left on a page that appeared to be only an info only type page but it wasn't which wasted oodles and oodles of time: frankly, I don't know how people put up with this crap and even love it, wasting their lives away into nothingness, but thats the way it is! First when trying to use WindowBuilder (SWT) in Eclipse JEE 4.8 you must REMOVE ALL SPACES FROM YOUR ECLIPSE FOLDER NAME THAT CONTAINS ALL ITS FILES. After laboring for hours this 1st step was discovered via link:

stackoverflow.com/questions/51075843/eclipse-photon-eclipse-marketplace-not-launching

Huge thanks to whoever found this out!

Secondly, is this link tells the 2nd half of the mystery. If you go to:

download.eclipse.org/windowbuilder/WB/integration/4.8/

you will see on the left hand side "show directory contents" which will have "repository.zip" file as last file of this expanded list. Download this (~39Mb). Note path to this file, then in eclipse click on "help" (last menu item), then click on "Install New Software...", then click "add", then click "archive" and go to path of saved "repository.zip" and select it. You will see square check box now indicates file to install. I believe one must then click "continue" (check box already checked for WindowBuilder install item), then confirm when all files to be installed show are shown on screen, then finally click "finish". After the file is loaded in archive step I am not sure of the exact verbiage used for remaining steps but I believe what I have said is mostly accurate and after adding archive it will be self evident (piece of cake) what steps to follow. Finally to check if Window builder is installed go to (in top menu items) "file" then "new" then "other" and then finally scroll down list and WindowBuilder should be in this list, otherwise you landed a goose egg and something went wrong.

I am very proud of and indebted to those who contributed to this solution, as without this type of thing we would all be organizational slaves as the world seems to be converging on trying to make us all Jim Morrison's "desparate people in a desperate world" (slight improv on the song). Thank yous much, and mucha gracia!
Re: manual download of Windowbuilder [message #1792906 is a reply to message #1791026] Wed, 25 July 2018 14:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Patrick Sweezy is currently offline Patrick SweezyFriend
Oops, in my previous post forgot to mention that "taking spaces out of Eclipse folder name of file that contains all Eclipse files" affected "Eclipse Marketplace..." in help menu item as the spaces affect it from running which in turn stops WindowBuilder (SWT) from running.
Re: manual download of Windowbuilder [message #1793016 is a reply to message #1791026] Fri, 27 July 2018 14:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rishikesh Kshatriya is currently offline Rishikesh KshatriyaFriend
Thank You,

After hours of searching on how to fix this, I finally found your response and it worked fine.

You saved me a headache.

Keep Rocking!!!!
Re: manual download of Windowbuilder [message #1793077 is a reply to message #1792906] Mon, 30 July 2018 17:20 Go to previous message
Avi Abrami is currently offline Avi AbramiFriend
Wow.
All I did was download and install Eclipse 4.8 (Photon) from a computer that was connected to the Internet, after which I installed WindowBuilder.
Then I simply copied the "eclipse" folder to a disk-on-key and transferred it to another computer that wasn't connected to the Internet.
Seems a lot simpler that the saga you underwent :-)
Previous Topic:Eclipse is running under 0, but this Java project has a 9 Java
Next Topic:WindowBuilder Update Fail
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 19:48:23 GMT 2024