Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Eclipse Layout Kernel » Deactivate ELK
Deactivate ELK [message #1790896] Tue, 19 June 2018 20:30 Go to next message
Amine Kechaou is currently offline Amine KechaouFriend
Hi,

is there any way to deactivate ELK without having to uninstall it?

Best regards,
Amine
Re: Deactivate ELK [message #1790902 is a reply to message #1790896] Tue, 19 June 2018 23:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Christoph Daniel Schulze is currently offline Christoph Daniel SchulzeFriend
Amine,

what do you mean by "deactivate", exactly?

Cheers,
Chris
Re: Deactivate ELK [message #1790909 is a reply to message #1790902] Wed, 20 June 2018 06:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Christoph,

When creating a new diagram, ELK will do automatic layouting on my diagram. Sometimes I don't want this to happen, and want to disable ELK. Is there any way?

Best regards,
Amine
Re: Deactivate ELK [message #1790920 is a reply to message #1790909] Wed, 20 June 2018 09:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Amine,

that basically depends on the way the developer of the editor you're using has integrated ELK into their editor. ELK itself won't do anything unless triggered explicitly by the user or by the editor. Which editor is it you're using?

Cheers,
Chris
Re: Deactivate ELK [message #1790954 is a reply to message #1790920] Wed, 20 June 2018 14:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

I'm trying to use it on my own Sirius editors. (https://github.com/kit-sdq/Modular-Reference-Structure-Editor)

I just had to install it and it automatically applies layouting to my diagrams. To prevent that I had to uninstall it, but that wouldn't be the best solution...

Best,
Amine
Re: Deactivate ELK [message #1792792 is a reply to message #1790896] Tue, 24 July 2018 07:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rakesh Nidavani is currently offline Rakesh NidavaniFriend
We are facing a similar situation. A proposed solution has also been added.

When using Sirius with our custom layouts, we encountered an issue due to the presence of ELK plugins.

ELK Defines a generic laout provider which is contributed using the extension : org.eclipse.gmf.runtime.diagram.ui.layoutProviders
Plugin : org.eclipse.elk.conn.gmf

Problem 1 : The ELK Layout provider has a very general "provides" method :
/**
* {@inheritDoc}
*/
public boolean provides(final IOperation operation) {
return operation instanceof ILayoutNodeOperation;
}

Due to this, the layout provider is applicable for almost all use cases.
This is not an issue on its own, since a generic layout provider is expected to work this way.

However,

Problem 2 : The ELK Layout Provider is also contributed with the highest possible priority.
In the extension specification, the provider is assigned with the priority "Highest".

Due to the above two points, it is impossible to have a custom layout contributed when ELK Layout is included in the list of plugins.

Proposal :
Change the priority of the ELK Layout contribution to a lower value.
This will ensure that other custom layouts can be integrated along with ELK Layouts.
Re: Deactivate ELK [message #1792829 is a reply to message #1792792] Tue, 24 July 2018 14:10 Go to previous message
Ah, I understand. Rakesh has opened a GitHub issue for that and a pull request is just short of being merged.
Previous Topic:Issue with Sirius Custom Layout and ELK Layout
Next Topic:Is there a standard ELK Graph View, that understands ELK Graph and knows how to show it?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 08:19:29 GMT 2024