Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Scout » [Oxygen] How does CSS/Less Styling work?
[Oxygen] How does CSS/Less Styling work? [message #1790831] Mon, 18 June 2018 16:51 Go to next message
Peter Pfeifer is currently offline Peter PfeiferFriend

Hello there,

I can't figure out how I can define my own CSS/LESS style.

Where can I find out which selectors/variables/classes to use and how to set the values?

Are there any examples available?

Thanks,

Peter
Re: [Oxygen] How does CSS/Less Styling work? [message #1791054 is a reply to message #1790831] Fri, 22 June 2018 09:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Claudio Guglielmo is currently offline Claudio GuglielmoFriend
Hi Peter

I tried to describe some basic concepts here: https://eclipsescout.github.io/8.0/technical-guide-js.html#styling

You can find some examples in the widgets app: https://github.com/BSI-Business-Systems-Integration-AG/org.eclipse.scout.docs/tree/releases/8.0.x/code/widgets

In order to find out what selectors you have to write you can either have a look at the Scout default less files, or use the dev tools of the browser and inspect the applied selectors.

If there are any more questions, feel free to ask.
Claudio

[Updated on: Sat, 30 June 2018 07:14]

Report message to a moderator

Re: [Oxygen] How does CSS/Less Styling work? [message #1791209 is a reply to message #1791054] Tue, 26 June 2018 04:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Hi Claudio,

thanks a lot. That helped me very much. I found what I needed.

Peter
Re: [Oxygen] How does CSS/Less Styling work? [message #1791247 is a reply to message #1791209] Tue, 26 June 2018 15:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message

HI there,

I've got another question.

I nearly managed to adjust all the colors I need. But then came across the dialog, which is shown during long running operations (see screenshot).

index.php/fa/33238/0/

There is still the default blue theme activated. Where can I find the less entry for this?

Thanks a lot

Peter
Re: [Oxygen] How does CSS/Less Styling work? [message #1791248 is a reply to message #1791247] Tue, 26 June 2018 16:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Patrick Baenziger is currently offline Patrick BaenzigerFriend
This should be the BusyIndicator, with the corresponding LESS file here.
Re: [Oxygen] How does CSS/Less Styling work? [message #1791308 is a reply to message #1791248] Thu, 28 June 2018 03:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Hello there,

thanks. That did the trick.

Which brings me to another question. What's the easiest and simplest way to find out which selectors I have to change? I know that I can use the devtools of a browser. But sometimes it's a dead end for me there...

Peter
Re: [Oxygen] How does CSS/Less Styling work? [message #1791474 is a reply to message #1791308] Sat, 30 June 2018 07:39 Go to previous message
Claudio Guglielmo is currently offline Claudio GuglielmoFriend
Hi Peter

Adjusting the default behavior or style beyond changing some colors need a fundamental understanding of how the specific widget works, at least in my opinion. I think you won't get around reading the source code and copying the rules from the Scout less files. Probably the easiest way is to clone the Scout repository and to import org.eclipse.scout.rt.ui.html into your workspace.
The dev tools will help to observe which CSS classes change and which rules are applied in certain situations.

It would be great if you could share some experiences as soon as you have made some progress in your journey of customizing. I'll be looking forward to it
Previous Topic:How to call stored procedure with output parameters
Next Topic:[Oxygen] Hyperlink Column in TablePage?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 09:23:48 GMT 2024