Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Scout » Auditing Source - Eclipse Oxygen with Scout(Trying to back track to .java files in Eclipse Oxygen)
Auditing Source - Eclipse Oxygen with Scout [message #1790625] Wed, 13 June 2018 16:43 Go to next message
Dan Mumford is currently offline Dan MumfordFriend
Where would I find the class

org.eclipse.scout.rt.client.AbstractClientSession

In the directory structure?

I feel I could master this environment if I could find the source of the imported classes to audit there variables and member functions.

[Updated on: Wed, 13 June 2018 16:47]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Auditing Source - Eclipse Oxygen with Scout [message #1790626 is a reply to message #1790625] Wed, 13 June 2018 16:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Patrick Baenziger is currently offline Patrick BaenzigerFriend
I'm not quite sure what you mean by "in the directory structure", but I can give you some pointers. Otherwise please clarify.

If you're looking at the AbstractClientSession class in Eclipse (when you pressed F3), you can have Eclipse download the Sources & JavaDoc for you (Window -> Preferences -> Maven -> Download Artifact Sources / Download Artifact JavaDoc). Afterwards, you'll be able to see the source code of your Maven dependencies, if available.

AbstractClientSession is located in the Maven artifact org.eclipse.scout.rt:org.eclipse.scout.rt.client, under the package of the same name.
(Eclipse: In the package/project explorer: Beneath your project as Maven Dependencies, you can drill down into the dependency here).

If that fails, you can also look at the sources at the GitHub mirror:
https://github.com/eclipse/scout.rt/tree/releases/7.0.x
(Use the "find file" function!)
Re: Auditing Source - Eclipse Oxygen with Scout [message #1790627 is a reply to message #1790625] Wed, 13 June 2018 16:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ivan Motsch is currently offline Ivan MotschFriend
What exactly do you mean by "where to find the source?" ?

The full source code is open source. Easily available with a maven dependency in your project pom. As an alternative you can browse the eclipse git.

In the eclipse ide (for example) you simply type the key-combination SHIFT-CTRL-T to open the "find type" wizard. Then write "AbstractClientSession" and then you can directly open the source code of the file.

The git source is here:
http://git.eclipse.org/c/scout/org.eclipse.scout.rt.git/tree/org.eclipse.scout.rt.client/src/main/java/org/eclipse/scout/rt/client/AbstractClientSession.java?h=releases/8.0.x

Does this help?
Re: Auditing Source - Eclipse Oxygen with Scout [message #1790628 is a reply to message #1790627] Wed, 13 June 2018 16:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The maven dependency is
<!-- https://mvnrepository.com/artifact/org.eclipse.scout.rt/org.eclipse.scout.rt.client -->
<dependency>
<groupId>org.eclipse.scout.rt</groupId>
<artifactId>org.eclipse.scout.rt.client</artifactId>
<version>8.0.0.010_Photon</version>
</dependency>

From
https://mvnrepository.com/artifact/org.eclipse.scout.rt/org.eclipse.scout.rt.client/8.0.0.010_Photon
Re: Auditing Source - Eclipse Oxygen with Scout [message #1790629 is a reply to message #1790628] Wed, 13 June 2018 16:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
And the same for releases 8.x, 7.x, 6.x, 5.x, ...
Re: Auditing Source - Eclipse Oxygen with Scout [message #1790632 is a reply to message #1790629] Wed, 13 June 2018 17:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for the quick responses. I will chew on this for a while.

I was looking in the eclipse-workspace/helloworld subdirectories since I was not seeing it in the project tree in the eclipse IDE.
Re: Auditing Source - Eclipse Oxygen with Scout [message #1790642 is a reply to message #1790632] Wed, 13 June 2018 19:31 Go to previous message
Good stuff guys. Exactly what I was looking for.
Previous Topic:[NEON] Key Generation with secp256k1
Next Topic:How to call stored procedure with output parameters
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 01:12:32 GMT 2024