Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » ServerTools (WTP) » Gradle-based EAR project(Deploying Gradle-based EAR projects via WTP Server Adapater)
Gradle-based EAR project [message #1790554] Tue, 12 June 2018 19:44
Daniel Platz is currently offline Daniel PlatzFriend
Hi there,
Is there any experience with using WTP / Server Adapaters to deploy a Gradle-based EAR project?

WAR projects are working fine. I will not post all the code here, but basically adding
apply plugin: 'war'
apply plugin: 'eclipse-wtp'

will make the WAR a deployable resource in Eclipse. The WAR deploys fine on Wildfly, Liberty, etc.

For EARs I basically have a project based on
apply plugin: 'ear'
apply plugin: 'eclipse-wtp'
When running "gradle build" a valid and deployable EAR file is built; just to confirm that it is not an issue with Gradle; but when I deploy the EAR in Eclipse, e.g. on Wildfly it will deploy just and empty folder and on Liberty it will not allow to push the EAR to the server in the "Add and Remove" dialog (says "cannot add an EAR project to the server unless it contains a Web, EJB, .... module".
So, clearly Eclipse/WTP is not aware of the modules of the EAR even though from Gradle-perspective all is fine.

Any experience with Gradle & EARs and Eclipse WTP? Any example projects that work? Just wondering if i chasing after a feature that noone is using and never worked...

Thanks in Advance,
Daniel
Previous Topic:How to disable automatic creation of config files
Next Topic:Eclipse does not include dependencies for maven-wtp
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 21:54:07 GMT 2024