Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » UML2 » How to get instance of stereotype as generated ecore class instance
How to get instance of stereotype as generated ecore class instance [message #1790507] Tue, 12 June 2018 06:01 Go to next message
Randall Hudson is currently offline Randall HudsonFriend
If I create a UML profile, and then generate the Ecore representation and its generated code we get a java interface and class for each stereotype in the profile. Now if I apply the profile to a UML model, and then apply one of its stereotypes to some element, lets say component A, I would like to programatically take A as input and be able to get the instance of the java class generated for that stereotype.

I have been spinning my wheels on this for a while now and I suspect either that it is not possible or (more likely) I am misunderstanding something about how to use UML profiles. Any help would be appreciated. If you need more information to help, just let me know and I will explain what I am doing in more detail.

Thanks for your time.
-Randall
Re: How to get instance of stereotype as generated ecore class instance [message #1790548 is a reply to message #1790507] Tue, 12 June 2018 17:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Christian Damus is currently offline Christian DamusFriend

Hi, Randall,

An Element to which stereotypes are applied can provide the EObject implementations of those stereotype instances via the Element::getStereotypeApplications() operation. These EObjects, in turn, provide their EClasses via the EObject::eClass() operation. And an EClass provides the generated Java interface that it represents via EClass::getInstanceClass().

Also, the Element::getStereotypeApplication(Stereotype) operation finds the particular instance of an applied stereotype if you know which one you're looking for.

HTH,

Christian
Re: How to get instance of stereotype as generated ecore class instance [message #1790573 is a reply to message #1790507] Wed, 13 June 2018 07:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Camille Letavernier is currently offline Camille LetavernierFriend
Hi,

There's also a shortcut from UMLUtil:

UMLUtil.getStereotypeApplication(Element, Class<T>)

Where Class<T> is your generated stereotype interface.

MyStereotype s = UMLUtil.getStereotypeApplication(myComponentA, MyStereotype.class);

HTH,
Camille

Camille Letavernier
Re: How to get instance of stereotype as generated ecore class instance [message #1793795 is a reply to message #1790573] Thu, 16 August 2018 02:02 Go to previous message
Randall Hudson is currently offline Randall HudsonFriend
I forgot to reply earlier, but just wanted to say thanks for the help. It solved my problem.
Previous Topic:XML/XMI import/export issues?
Next Topic:reference to attribute in tagged value
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 03:54:39 GMT 2024