Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Enterprise for Java » How to help as an individual Java developer(How to help as an individual Java developer)
How to help as an individual Java developer [message #1790502] Tue, 12 June 2018 02:19 Go to next message
Jason Pollard is currently offline Jason PollardFriend
Hi there,

Are there any recommendations for individual Java developers who would like to contribute to one of the new Jakarta EE projects? For example, who to contact for particular projects, or how to find out what help may currently be needed (either administrative or technical)?

I am looking to help out as an individual contributor/committer (part-time, as I have a day job). Any feedback or information that anyone has would be terrific.

Thank you!

Jason Pollard
Re: How to help as an individual Java developer [message #1790769 is a reply to message #1790502] Sat, 16 June 2018 00:48 Go to previous message
Jason Pollard is currently offline Jason PollardFriend
I thought I would post this response from Ivar Grimstad in the ee4j-pmc mailing list.

"Thanks for your interest!
I would start with joining the Jakarta EE Community mailing list: https://accounts.eclipse.org/mailing-list/jakarta.ee-community
If there is a particular EE4J project you are interested in, I would join that project's mailing list and join in the discussions and eventually become a committer.
Seehttps://www.eclipse.org/contribute/ for how to get started."

There does seem to be more information about on-going concerns in that mailing list. Some of the sub-projects are starting to have their own mailing lists, so I'll join them as well to find out more.

Thanks, Jason
Next Topic:Getting exception Command 'xcrun' is not found. Is it installed? while executing using eclipse
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 19:04:04 GMT 2024