Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Java Development Tools (JDT) » How to get internal.compiler ASTnodes from core.dom ASTnodes?
How to get internal.compiler ASTnodes from core.dom ASTnodes? [message #1790476] Mon, 11 June 2018 14:06 Go to next message
Federer Roger  is currently offline Federer Roger Friend
As I known, jdt has two sets of implementation for FieldDeclaration, MethodDeclaration and TypeDeclaration. If I have already got the ASTNode in core.dom, can I get the corresponding internal.compiler ASTNode?
Re: How to get internal.compiler ASTnodes from core.dom ASTnodes? [message #1790547 is a reply to message #1790476] Tue, 12 June 2018 17:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Stephan Herrmann is currently offline Stephan HerrmannFriend
Package o.e.j.internal.compiler.ast is "internal", and thus not intended to be used by clients.
Why wouldn't the public AST suffice for you?
Re: How to get internal.compiler ASTnodes from core.dom ASTnodes? [message #1790562 is a reply to message #1790547] Wed, 13 June 2018 01:24 Go to previous message
Federer Roger  is currently offline Federer Roger Friend
I need to finish a tool demo using a web editor code-mirror. There are two scenes. Content highlight and Open Declaration. Of course, I want to use JDT-core as the back-end to support these features.

If I select a variable all same words are highlighted. I guess it may be implemented by getting all the references of this target ASTNode. However, I can't find any useful method in public AST classes like (getReference or getReferenceBinding). And I also have this problem in OpenDeclaration. I can't find any method or interface like (findDeclaration or getDeclaration) in public AST or public IBinding classes.

I download jdt-core and jdt-ui source code and debug my need in Eclipse. But I see a lot wrapper classes like IJavaElement or IJavaProject as a parameter in the MatchLocator or Search class. In fact, I am not sure if I can achieve my goal by using JDT as a standalone application.

[Updated on: Wed, 13 June 2018 01:26]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Problem for updating Eclipse Oxygen
Next Topic:How to use Nd structure to store CompilationUnit and BindingResolver info?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 22:03:30 GMT 2024