Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » 4DIAC - Framework for Distributed Industrial Automation and Control » FORTE Monitoring: same response for different mistakes
FORTE Monitoring: same response for different mistakes [message #1790444] Mon, 11 June 2018 08:37 Go to next message
Luca Hollkosse is currently offline Luca HollkosseFriend
Dear all,

I thought Forte Monitoring only responds with INVALID_DST when there is no matching destination (resource) found. Am I right that this is the desired behavior?

I tried to force a not existing port (ABC123) of an existing fb (F_ADD) with this command:
<Request ID="1" Action="WRITE"><Connection Source="555" Destination="F_ADD.ABC123" force="true" /></Request>

Response was:
<Response ID="1" Reason="INVALID_DST">

But I had expected a response like that:
<Response ID="1" Reason="NO_SUCH_PORT">

I think I already found the line where you return INVALID_DST:
http://git.eclipse.org/c/4diac/org.eclipse.4diac.forte.git/tree/src/core/monitoring.cpp#n192

Best regards

[Updated on: Mon, 11 June 2018 08:42]

Report message to a moderator

Re: FORTE Monitoring: same response for different mistakes [message #1790484 is a reply to message #1790444] Mon, 11 June 2018 15:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alois Zoitl is currently offline Alois ZoitlFriend

Hi,

the problem is that the standard (Clause 6.4 of IEC 61499-1) and the compliance profile [1] does not give us to much options for responses. However after checking the tables of the compliance profile again I noticed that we should return "NO_SUCH_OBJECT" here. Would you mind filing a bug report.

BTW I'm currently working on the other issue you reported regarding monitoring and after some discussion I'll merge all the force code into the watch code. Therefore the code piece you are mentioning will go away anyhow. Maybe I can fix two things with one change then ;-)

[1] http://www.holobloc.com/doc/ita/index.htm
Re: FORTE Monitoring: same response for different mistakes [message #1790487 is a reply to message #1790484] Mon, 11 June 2018 16:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Luca Hollkosse is currently offline Luca HollkosseFriend
Thank you for your clarification, that helped me a lot :)

You can find the bug under https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=535776

That sounds good. I am very much looking forward to the result. I wish you much success in the implementation ;)
Re: FORTE Monitoring: same response for different mistakes [message #1790551 is a reply to message #1790487] Tue, 12 June 2018 18:55 Go to previous message
Alois Zoitl is currently offline Alois ZoitlFriend

Just pushed two commits to the 1.9.x branch of FORTE which should fix this.
Previous Topic:Error while building FORTE with Open62541 in Linux Ubuntu 14.04 32bit LTS
Next Topic:Extending Modbus support to support writing
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 06:21:06 GMT 2024