Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Epsilon » Eugenia(Eugenia Customization)
Eugenia [message #1790383] Fri, 08 June 2018 22:51 Go to next message
PM PC is currently offline PM PCFriend
Eclipse GMF community,

Is it possible to modify the Eugenia source code in order to create a button in a specific position of a GMF Diagram?

There is not so much information concerning this topic. I researched about Eugenia customization but the answers I read were not so clear or the information lacked.

Did someone ever accomplish anything similar?

Best regards,
pmpc
Re: Eugenia [message #1790389 is a reply to message #1790383] Sat, 09 June 2018 07:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dimitris Kolovos is currently offline Dimitris KolovosFriend

Hi Pedro,

I suspect that you'd need to modify the generated code of your GMF editor to achieve this. Would adding a menu item or toolbar button [1] be an acceptable alternative for your use-case?

Cheers,
Dimitris

[1] http://www.vogella.com/tutorials/EclipseCommands/article.html
Re: Eugenia [message #1795851 is a reply to message #1790389] Mon, 01 October 2018 11:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
PM PC is currently offline PM PCFriend
Hi Dimitris, sorry for taking so long to answer, but I've been into other projects and this one stopped in the meantime.

I'm using EMF with GMF and Eugenia.

Well, my idea is to not only to edit the generated editor but also to create another editor that would use the same metamodel as the first one but with its own user interface. To do this, I would have to add a new editor to the extension "org.eclipse.ui.editors" and configure it accordingly, right? Besides that, to get to that second editor I could use a menu item or toolbar button in the first editor, as you suggested.

I'll get more into it, but in the meantime, it would be great to hear if all of this is doable and any tips would also be a great help.

Best Regards,
Pedro

[Updated on: Mon, 01 October 2018 12:34]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Eugenia [message #1796508 is a reply to message #1795851] Mon, 15 October 2018 13:42 Go to previous message
Dimitris Kolovos is currently offline Dimitris KolovosFriend

Hi Pedro,

This sounds doable.

Cheers,
Dimitris
Previous Topic:Run Evl
Next Topic:Dealing with Ecore eAnnotation
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 02:32:29 GMT 2024