Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Mosquitto » Regarding TLSv1.2 Encryption(How to use capath in mosquitto broker config)
Regarding TLSv1.2 Encryption [message #1790344] Fri, 08 June 2018 12:57 Go to next message
Sakthivel S is currently offline Sakthivel SFriend
Hi,

I have few basic questions about mosquiito broker and TLSv1.2.
1. Is it possible to use default ssl certificates available at /etc/ssl/certs/ in broker for capath ?
2. I have seen some other broker is working with MQTTFx by just enabling TLS and selecting version TLSv1.2.
and I didn't select any certificate options in MQTTFx. Just Enabling TLS, its able to communicate to broker and connection was successful.

Any idea how this could be done ? Is this possible with mosquitto broker ?

3. Even I tried mosquitto clients to connect to that broker. It was working just i was passing " --capath /etc/ssl/certs/ " options in mosquitto clients. That third party broker was accepting connection from mosquitto clients. When I try to connect mosquitto clients same way with mosquiito broker , it doesn't work.

I'm very eager to know the possibilities of mosquiito broker to work like third party broker ?
Any changes needed in code or only configuration changes ?

Please let me know, if you any more clarity in questions.

Thanks in advance for your valuable answers.
Re: Regarding TLSv1.2 Encryption [message #1792109 is a reply to message #1790344] Wed, 11 July 2018 16:10 Go to previous message
Sakthivel S is currently offline Sakthivel SFriend
Any body has information on this ?

Please provide your input, so that it will be useful for development.

Thanks in advance.
Previous Topic:Subscribing to another topic
Next Topic:Use user authentication
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 16:19:53 GMT 2024