Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » Papyrus does not recognize the types from an UML Profile(I have a problem finding the Primitive types I defined in an UML Profile)
Papyrus does not recognize the types from an UML Profile [message #1790318] Fri, 08 June 2018 10:58 Go to next message
Missing name Mising name is currently offline Missing name Mising nameFriend
Hi,

I used very long the time in Papyrus successfully primitive types created in a Custom UML Profiles in Papyrus models.

Lately, I got a new computer from my company and I have to update to latest version of the Papyrus after this action I am not able find these types anymore.

When I applied the profile to the model, when I go to type selection, there was an element there called 'owned types' for profile application and under that I would able to select my types, this element now disappeared and Papyrus is not able to display my elements under type selection.

The types I assigned from previous versions from Papyrus are still there but the classes/properties that I newly created I can't use these types from UML Profile.

I will attach 2 screenshots one displaying my custom UML Profile, second displaying the missing 'owned' element from the applied profile from type selection, may you can tell me what am I doing wrong or what is changed.

Thx in advance.
Re: Papyrus does not recognize the types from an UML Profile [message #1790439 is a reply to message #1790318] Mon, 11 June 2018 07:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Benoit Maggi is currently offline Benoit MaggiFriend
Hi,

If you want to use your Primitive types, you have to import your model
Steps:
- Open you model with Papyrus
- Right click on the root in model explorer
- Import > Import Registered Profile
- Select your profile
=> A <Package Import> element should be created in you model (at the top)
=> you should be able to select your types

Regards,
Benoit
Re: Papyrus does not recognize the types from an UML Profile [message #1790451 is a reply to message #1790439] Mon, 11 June 2018 09:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
First of all, thx for the answer and forgive my lack of knowledge but I don't understand...

I registered my profile to my model as you can see from the following screenshot

but on the 'import registered my profile does not appear'(as you can see from screen shots....)

I developed UML Profile in another Eclipse Project (while I am planning to re-use this profile for other model) is this the reason I can't see the profile. Does the UML Profile has to developed in the same Eclipse Project?

As I said previously, in the previous version of Papyrus I can access the types defined in profiles without any problem and my code generation mechanisms can still access the profile but the Papyrus UI.

Again thx for answers....

Edit: Is this document is still actual? Papyrus Profile I did every step defined there and I can't still see my profile in the list of registered profiles.

[Updated on: Tue, 12 June 2018 11:34]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Papyrus does not recognize the types from an UML Profile [message #1790580 is a reply to message #1790318] Wed, 13 June 2018 08:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
To be sure that I was not dreaming, I re-installed Eclipse Neon and Papyrus version that I was using there and voila, primitive type that i defined in my UML Profile is visible there (Papyrus 2.0 - can be seen in screen shot) but not in Oxygen Version...

So with Oxygen, definitely something changed, can somebody tell me how can we register an UML profile in Oxygen....

Re: Papyrus does not recognize the types from an UML Profile [message #1790615 is a reply to message #1790580] Wed, 13 June 2018 15:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hum,

If it's a problem between version, I can't really help you without data.
Can you share the profile or a similar profile?

/Benoît
Re: Papyrus does not recognize the types from an UML Profile [message #1790686 is a reply to message #1790615] Thu, 14 June 2018 13:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi, first of all thx for the answer...

I created 2 workspaces, one with Papyrus 2.x the other one with Papyrus for Oxygen...I will add those as attachments.

The one with Papyrus 2.x, I can use Primitive Types defined in the Profile no problem but not with Papyrus Oxygen.

I hope these can help you to figure out what is going wrong.......

Re: Papyrus does not recognize the types from an UML Profile [message #1791047 is a reply to message #1790615] Fri, 22 June 2018 06:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Was the data enough or do you need anything else from me?
Re: Papyrus does not recognize the types from an UML Profile [message #1791388 is a reply to message #1791047] Thu, 28 June 2018 14:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

As far as I can tell it's impossible in Oxygen or Photon to import a profile as a library.
It's probably a bug

The only solution seems for you to transform your profile in a simple UML model and import it as a library.

/Benoit
Re: Papyrus does not recognize the types from an UML Profile [message #1791659 is a reply to message #1791388] Tue, 03 July 2018 11:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
First, thx confirming that I am not making an user mistake there is really a problem there....

Should I create a bug for the subject, is there any hope that this will be fixed, I was planning to advice to use Papyrus to an Enterprise but it will be hard to explain them they have to use Papyrus 2.0 to be able to use these feature but actual Papyrus version 4.0.

Thx again...
Re: Papyrus does not recognize the types from an UML Profile [message #1791660 is a reply to message #1791659] Tue, 03 July 2018 12:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Willink is currently offline Ed WillinkFriend
Hi

Your description suggests that this should be an Eclipse UML2 rather than an Eclipse Papyrus problem since model loading is a UML2 functionality.

(Your repros are rather bloated; the .metadata is only interesting when a bug is really troublesome. A zip of the projects is usually adequate.)

The two *.uml files load fine for me. My only concern is that "java.lang.Integer" is a very unwise name; technically legal UML but necessitating a name mangling by UML2Ecore. You should define the name as Integer or MyInteger with an Ecore::EDataType stereotype and a java.lang.Integer instance class name.

Look at the UMLPrimitiveTypes.library.uml for an example of how to declare a PrimitiveType.

I suspect that you may be experiencing a 'problem' resulting from better model checking rejecting your unwise model. Perhaps not better diagnosis.

NB. If you want to use OCL in conjunction with custom primitive types, you may want to apply an oclforuml ::Integer stereotype to declare theirt evaluation behaviour.

Regards

Ed Willink

Re: Papyrus does not recognize the types from an UML Profile [message #1791662 is a reply to message #1791660] Tue, 03 July 2018 13:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thx for the reply...

To be sure that my modeling was not causing the problem, I tried before with 'Ecore::EDataType' but that didn't changed anything in the behaviour...
Re: Papyrus does not recognize the types from an UML Profile [message #1791665 is a reply to message #1791662] Tue, 03 July 2018 14:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi

Well, I'm only a very casual Papyrus user so your original report made no sense to me. You should certainly be able to use the UML Model Editor to maintain your UML model and then Papyrus should render some pretty graphics; any deficiencies in Papyrus' menus should have an easy workaround by using the UML Model Editor.

Regards

Ed Willink
Re: Papyrus does not recognize the types from an UML Profile [message #1791681 is a reply to message #1791665] Wed, 04 July 2018 06:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Don't get me wrong, I manually edited UML model and achieve the effect I want but I am above average user, I was planning to recommend Papyrus to be used in an enterprise, average user there will not be capable of edit and XMI file.
Re: Papyrus does not recognize the types from an UML Profile [message #1791690 is a reply to message #1791681] Wed, 04 July 2018 08:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi

Ok. If you are able to achieve what you want with the UML Model editor, please raise a Bugzilla against Papyrus identifying the model element maintenance that Papyrus fails to support.

Regards

Ed Willink
Re: Papyrus does not recognize the types from an UML Profile [message #1791754 is a reply to message #1791690] Wed, 04 July 2018 20:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Charles Rivet is currently offline Charles RivetFriend

IMHO, if you have to manually edit a Papyrus model file for it to work correctly, a bug report is definitely required! [1]

[1] https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/enter_bug.cgi?product=Papyrus

/Charles Rivet
Re: Papyrus does not recognize the types from an UML Profile [message #1791755 is a reply to message #1791690] Wed, 04 July 2018 20:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message

IMHO, if you have to manually edit a Papyrus model file for it to work correctly, a bug report is definitely required! [1]

/Charles Rivet
Re: Papyrus does not recognize the types from an UML Profile [message #1791756 is a reply to message #1791690] Wed, 04 July 2018 20:18 Go to previous message

/Charles Rivet
Previous Topic:java final, @Override keywords
Next Topic:Papyrus Photon - struggling with sequence diagrams
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 17:54:35 GMT 2024