Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Sirius » Provide Advanced Custom Widget to odesign
Provide Advanced Custom Widget to odesign [message #1790249] Thu, 07 June 2018 12:29 Go to next message
Pavel Bogdanov is currently offline Pavel BogdanovFriend
Hello.

I've just ended with https://www.eclipse.org/sirius/doc/developer/extensions-properties_provide_custom_widget_advanced.html

And I have a problem: I cannot see my new widget in odesign. What have I missed? Do I need to do some extra actions that is missed in guide to contribute it?

I've found and extension-point org.eclipse.emf.edit.childCreationExtenders that seems to be suitable, but I have no idea how to use it - its description isn't very helpful.

Could you please explain what I have to do to provide my widget to the odesign and have an ability to use it right through new-widget menu?

Thank you in advance.
Re: Provide Advanced Custom Widget to odesign [message #1790259 is a reply to message #1790249] Thu, 07 June 2018 15:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Laurent Redor is currently offline Laurent RedorFriend
Hi,

This is not really a response, but in Sirius there is a "custom widget". So you can have a look on it and compare with what you done.
A starting point to this custom widget is the plug-in "org.eclipse.sirius.properties.ext.widgets.reference".

Regards,

Laurent

Laurent Redor - Obeo

Need training or professional services for Sirius?
http://www.obeodesigner.com/sirius
Re: Provide Advanced Custom Widget to odesign [message #1790269 is a reply to message #1790259] Thu, 07 June 2018 16:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi, Laurent.

Thank you for your answer, as I can see I don't have ChildCreationExtender in my ItemAdapterFactory for some reason. In your example this part is marked as @generated. So I think I missed one of settings in my ecore .genmodel, but where? I have the same ones: disposableProviderFactory="true" extensibleProviderFactory="true" childCreationExtenders="true". What else I needto check?

Thank you
Re: Provide Advanced Custom Widget to odesign [message #1790316 is a reply to message #1790259] Fri, 08 June 2018 09:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Also, I have generated childCreationExtenderManager field and getChildCreationExtenders() method, but I don't have inner class implemented IChildCreationExtender. Why?

Attach my genmodel containment
Re: Provide Advanced Custom Widget to odesign [message #1790356 is a reply to message #1790316] Fri, 08 June 2018 14:03 Go to previous message
I' ve solved my problem. It was about
<extension
point="org.eclipse.sirius.editor.properties.siriusPropertiesDefaultWidgetDescriptionFactory">
It doesn't include in the guide for some reasons
Previous Topic:Insert new form for source arrow
Next Topic:CustomStyle EditPart Size Change
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 17:42:04 GMT 2024