Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » EMF Diff/Merge » Coevolution with diffmerge.mapping : referenced objects
Coevolution with diffmerge.mapping : referenced objects [message #1790217] Thu, 07 June 2018 08:06 Go to next message
Yann Binot is currently offline Yann BinotFriend
Hi,

I implemented several rules to transform a source model to my emf model.

In the source model, a same object can be referenced under several other object.

In my application, i have a rule who can evaluate several times the same object, because this one is referenced under several object.

But with this case, the coevolution is wrong. Differences are shown while i had not modified the model source.

With the mapping, how to manage the transformation of referenced objects ?

Thanks

YB
Re: Coevolution with diffmerge.mapping : referenced objects [message #1790268 is a reply to message #1790217] Thu, 07 June 2018 16:36 Go to previous message
Olivier Constant is currently offline Olivier ConstantFriend
Hi,

I don't see the causal relation between the fact that an element is referenced several times and the fact that a rule is applied several times on it. Can you elaborate a bit on how your mapping is defined?

Other than that, there are mappings where the "same rule called several times on the same element" situation happens; it is expected to be supported. What leads you to think it is the cause of the differences you see and what exactly are these differences?
Previous Topic:Plan to support e4 UI?
Next Topic:Filtering results in dialog
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 15:55:32 GMT 2024