Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Sirius » Creating Intercardinal BorderNodes
Creating Intercardinal BorderNodes [message #1789914] Thu, 31 May 2018 18:48 Go to next message
Parsa Pourali is currently offline Parsa PouraliFriend
Hello,

I was wondering if there is a simple way of creating border nodes on the NorthEast, NorthWest, SouthEast or SouthWest of a node? Currently, sirius only allows for NEWS directions in its border node declaration. (And I can't use decorations as well). I guess setting an offset for a shape can also help, i.e., we say North direction , but set some offset and the figure moves forward so that it looks like NorthEast.

Thanks,
Parsa

[Updated on: Thu, 31 May 2018 22:07]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Creating Intercardinal BorderNodes [message #1789951 is a reply to message #1789914] Fri, 01 June 2018 07:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Maxime Porhel is currently offline Maxime PorhelFriend
Hi Parsa,

You can take a look to the authorized sides features introduced in Sirius 4.0 : https://www.eclipse.org/sirius/doc/specifier/diagrams/Diagrams.html#authorizedsides

By default, border node can be located on any side of its parent. It is possible to restrict a border node authorized sides. Thus the end user will not have the possibility to create or to move a border node on a forbidden side. Authorized sides can be specified in the advanced tab of the border node style.

This seems close to your needs but sides and not corners.

Regards

Maxime Porhel - Obeo

Need training or professional services for Sirius?
http://www.obeodesigner.com/sirius
Re: Creating Intercardinal BorderNodes [message #1789974 is a reply to message #1789951] Fri, 01 June 2018 12:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Maxime,

Thanks for the reply. unfortunately, I need it to be a little be towards northwest or northeast. I guess, another option would be creating a begin and end label for the incoming edge and set the image as the icon of the begin/end label.
index.php/fa/32987/0/
Thanks,
Parsa
  • Attachment: Capture.PNG
    (Size: 9.02KB, Downloaded 145 times)

[Updated on: Fri, 01 June 2018 12:21]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Creating Intercardinal BorderNodes [message #1789980 is a reply to message #1789974] Fri, 01 June 2018 13:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Maxime Porhel is currently offline Maxime PorhelFriend
Hi Parsa,

It seems you might need some specific layout, border node item locator and/or other kind of advanced GMF/GEF extension, you will not have the possibility to do this on the Sirius VSM side.

Regards

Maxime Porhel - Obeo

Need training or professional services for Sirius?
http://www.obeodesigner.com/sirius
Re: Creating Intercardinal BorderNodes [message #1789984 is a reply to message #1789980] Fri, 01 June 2018 14:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah that's what I thought :)

Parsa
Re: Creating Intercardinal BorderNodes [message #1790639 is a reply to message #1789984] Wed, 13 June 2018 19:19 Go to previous message
Hi,

I have found that BorderItemLocator has an attribute to set the offset of the item. So, I attempted to set the offset to x=50 and y=50 to move the borderItem to kind of NorthWest side of the node. However, the getPreferredLocation() method of the BorderItemLocator class is written very rigidly. That is, even if I set both X and Y points of the offset, it can only move to one direction. For instance, if the side of the borderItem is set to North, then it only moves 50 points to up and completely ignores the X offset. You can simply see it in the getPreferredLocation() method. Is there any extension point that I could change this behaviour ?

Thanks,
Regards,
Parsa
Previous Topic:Make it easier to use the Edge Creation Tool
Next Topic:Visualization of a cross reference
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 00:25:58 GMT 2024