Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Sirius » Attach Other Figures/EditParts to an Edge
Attach Other Figures/EditParts to an Edge [message #1787648] Wed, 30 May 2018 12:23 Go to next message
Parsa Pourali is currently offline Parsa PouraliFriend
Hello,
I have already asked it on GMF forum but no one replied, so I thought some people here may konw.

Currently, labels are attached to the connections/edges, which allows the user to see a link when moving the label around (see below). Now, assume that I have a figure or editpart which I want to attach it to a connection. Is there any way to do that by either attaching the editpart to the connection other than setting a figure as the label of the connection ?
index.php/fa/32879/0/

Thanks.
Regards,
Parsa

[Updated on: Wed, 30 May 2018 12:25]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Attach Other Figures/EditParts to an Edge [message #1788024 is a reply to message #1787648] Wed, 30 May 2018 15:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Maxime Porhel is currently offline Maxime PorhelFriend
Hi Parsa,

Do you want to make the attachement displayed only while moving the attached figure ?

If your modeler is based on Sirius, as indicated in https://www.eclipse.org/sirius/doc/specifier/diagrams/Diagrams.html#edges :
Quote:

Note that it is possible to have edges whose source or target is another edge, but not both.

So you might define an additional EdgeMapping to represent this attachment.

Regards

Maxime Porhel - Obeo

Need training or professional services for Sirius?
http://www.obeodesigner.com/sirius
Re: Attach Other Figures/EditParts to an Edge [message #1789893 is a reply to message #1788024] Thu, 31 May 2018 12:55 Go to previous message
Parsa Pourali is currently offline Parsa PouraliFriend
Thanks a lot Maxime,

I like that there is always a solution for everything. I keep it as a potential solution cuz I didn't really want the edge to be visible, but if I set its size to zero then it is kind of OK. I assume it is either setting an edge or setting the label figure to make it happen.

Thanks for your help,
Regards,
Parsa
Previous Topic:Node level context menu
Next Topic:Anchors in Diagrams
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 18:09:11 GMT 2024