Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » 4DIAC - Framework for Distributed Industrial Automation and Control » Extending Modbus support to support writing
Extending Modbus support to support writing [message #1787584] Tue, 29 May 2018 15:41 Go to next message
Agostino Mascitti is currently offline Agostino MascittiFriend
Hello,

I need to use the Modbus protocol and I saw that it is only available at the moment for reading values (see readme file in its folder). I need to write values in Moxa IoLogik E1210 and E1211. Would it be very hard to implement these new functionalities? Could you give me some hints about how to integrate the feature?

Thank you for the help in advance!
Re: Extending Modbus support to support writing [message #1790553 is a reply to message #1787584] Tue, 12 June 2018 18:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alois Zoitl is currently offline Alois ZoitlFriend

Dear Agostino,

I thought that also some basic writing functionality is also available. But I'm really not sure. The modbus code would need a major update. Maybe even migrate it to the new IO infrastructure.
But for starting you could look at the existing code. writing would be performed in the send function of the modbus layer. Any improvements on our modbus implementation would be very welcome.

Cheers,
Alois
Re: Extending Modbus support to support writing [message #1790572 is a reply to message #1787584] Wed, 13 June 2018 07:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Agostino Mascitti is currently offline Agostino MascittiFriend
Dear Dr.Alois,

Thank you for your reply! In the official guide it is written only "Read Coils, Read Discrete Inputs, Read Holding Registers, Read Input Register" and consequently my conclusion.

Agostino
Re: Extending Modbus support to support writing [message #1790584 is a reply to message #1790572] Wed, 13 June 2018 09:07 Go to previous message
Alois Zoitl is currently offline Alois ZoitlFriend

I had a quick look in the code and there is also a send data implemented. Which takes the imput data and sends it to the device. Also in the readme I found something referencing send addresses. But I don't know how well and to what extend this is implemented.
Previous Topic:FORTE Monitoring: same response for different mistakes
Next Topic:Enabling Exceptions
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 21:41:36 GMT 2024