Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » ServerTools (WTP) » How to disable automatic creation of config files(Other projects are being changed/updated automatically)
How to disable automatic creation of config files [message #1787564] Tue, 29 May 2018 07:26 Go to next message
Bill Mair is currently offline Bill MairFriend
I have several other utility/functional projects that I am using in a new JEE project.

Just by adding them to the pom.xml and appearing in the maven dependency path caused eclipse to change the settings (.project,.classpath) and adding new files (e.g. .settings/org.eclipse.wst.common.component) to the included projects.

The other projects are now showing as being in a modified state and requiring a git commit just because they are being used in an eclipse JEE project.

Why does eclipse modify "included" projects? How can I disable this behaviour and stop eclipse from making these irrelevant changes (and they ARE irrelevant for the included projects) ?
Re: How to disable automatic creation of config files [message #1790006 is a reply to message #1787564] Sat, 02 June 2018 16:57 Go to previous message
Bill Mair is currently offline Bill MairFriend
Maybe I should clarify the behaviour that I am seeing and why I want to disable it.

I have several projects that are APIs and implementations for various in house products and features.

When I include those projects in a JEE project by adding them to the maven pom, those dependencies are pulled from an in house Sonatype Nexus instance.

If any of these "none JEE" projects are added as source to the same workspace (i.e. imported from git), then the JEE project starts modifying the other projects by adding the above mentioned files and modifying the some existing ones.

The latest additions now being a directory called ".apt_generated" and file called ".factorypath"!

Why are the WTP tools (or whatever is doing this, WST?) modifying imported projects?

Why isn't any and all "wst required" validation handled in the JEE project/directory?

I had to work on someone else's project that uses some of mine and after loading his project into my workspace about 8 of my projects were modified (git status changed) with some or all if the afore mentioned changes.

How do I disable this invasive behaviour in eclipse's WTP/WST/JEE tooling?
Previous Topic:JE22 project layout ...
Next Topic:Gradle-based EAR project
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 13:51:10 GMT 2024