Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » 4DIAC - Framework for Distributed Industrial Automation and Control » Problems with Client blocks in 4DIAC -Matlab communication
Problems with Client blocks in 4DIAC -Matlab communication [message #1787559] Tue, 29 May 2018 04:36 Go to next message
Rafi Zulfahmi is currently offline Rafi ZulfahmiFriend
Dear all,

I'm Rafi Zulfahmi. I'm an undergraduate student from Universitas Gadjah Mada, Indonesia. Currently, i'm working on my thesis that aim to connect certain simulation in Matlab with applications in 4DIAC. The aim was to use the 4diac-created- control applications to control the simulation s running in MATLAB

To achieve it, i used the tcp4diac class on the documentation page to connect the Matlab code to SERVER/CLIENT function blocks in applications in FORTE.

Regarding the blocks, i've been stuck in a situation about the monitoring systems. I've tried 4 examples that comes with the documentation (3 examples set the Client in Matlab, Server in Forte. 1 example set the Server in Matlab, Client in Forte).

The first 3 examples did fine and the blocks could be monitored well when the monitoring systems are checked. The problems lies in the examples that set the Server in Matlab, Client in Forte. The blocks are clearly communicating with MATLAB console because the results are displayed in MATLAB console. But when i check the monitoring systems and activate the watch in 4diac, i got N/A event though the program is running fine. Is this a bug?

Thankyou
Re: Problems with Client blocks in 4DIAC -Matlab communication [message #1789994 is a reply to message #1787559] Fri, 01 June 2018 19:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Alois Zoitl is currently offline Alois ZoitlFriend

This is rather strange and it should work. So I assume there is a bug somewhere. Do you get any output in your FORTE console? Do you get any error during download?

A 4diac client asumes that the server is already running when the client is started. Is this the case? Is there a change in the behavior if you delete the connections to the INIT input of your client?
Re: Problems with Client blocks in 4DIAC -Matlab communication [message #1792598 is a reply to message #1789994] Fri, 20 July 2018 04:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rafi Zulfahmi is currently offline Rafi ZulfahmiFriend
Sorry for the late reply, prof. zoitl.

I tried your solutions, but i still got error. I think that there's bug somewhere, because i haven't got any output
The problems is solved for the time being though, as i swap the role eventually so for the projects of mine, i set the server in forte and the client in matlab

Thankyou.
Re: Problems with Client blocks in 4DIAC -Matlab communication [message #1792729 is a reply to message #1792598] Mon, 23 July 2018 09:51 Go to previous message
Alois Zoitl is currently offline Alois ZoitlFriend

good that in the end you got a working solution. Less good that it didn't work right from the beginning.
Previous Topic:Making ROS Work on Forte Master Branch
Next Topic:Project Import 4Diac and JAVA version
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 12:00:35 GMT 2024