Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Sirius » Reconnecting Source, missing Variable
Reconnecting Source, missing Variable [message #1787523] Mon, 28 May 2018 08:09 Go to next message
Andreas Buchner is currently offline Andreas BuchnerFriend
Hi,

I try to find a variable suitable for my Reconnection

index.php/fa/32930/0/

It seems to me, there is no variable for the semantic element B.

index.php/fa/32931/0/

The 'otherend' variable seems to be responsible for B, but just on the graphical part.

So is it possible to adress the sementic element B by that variable, if it is not, then how otherwise?
Re: Reconnecting Source, missing Variable [message #1787526 is a reply to message #1787523] Mon, 28 May 2018 08:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Pierre-Charles David is currently offline Pierre-Charles DavidFriend
> The 'otherend' variable seems to be responsible for B, but just on the graphical part.

From what I see in your diagram, B is actually the end of the edge that has been reconnected, and A is the one that has not changed during the reconnection. Have you looked at the documentation at https://www.eclipse.org/sirius/doc/specifier/diagrams/Diagrams.html#edge_tools ? It contains a diagram almost exactly the same as yours and describes what each variable points to.

Pierre-Charles David - Obeo

Need training or professional services for Sirius?
http://www.obeodesigner.com/sirius
Re: Reconnecting Source, missing Variable [message #1787529 is a reply to message #1787526] Mon, 28 May 2018 08:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanks for your reply and true true.. the 'otherEnd' is element A... I have mistaken that.

And yes, I have looked it up. It shows an example for a target- reconnecting Tool, but not source. To reconnect the target seems to be no Problem, I could create a working tool of that.
Re: Reconnecting Source, missing Variable [message #1787530 is a reply to message #1787529] Mon, 28 May 2018 08:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Okey, i have figured my Problem.
Re: Reconnecting Source, missing Variable [message #1787531 is a reply to message #1787530] Mon, 28 May 2018 09:03 Go to previous message
the thing is:
the description for 'source' and 'target' is different, when you set the Reconnect Edge Tool to 'reconnect Source'.

then the source is the other end of the arrow, same for the target. Then there is no variable available for 'Object A', for A is not element ether.

But
aql:otherEnd.semanticElements
works perfectly fine and Im really happy now I have figured that out :)

Again:
B is: target
C is: source and element
A is: otherEnd.semanticElements
Previous Topic:No suggest var:NewValue
Next Topic:Radio Widget
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 04:45:58 GMT 2024