Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » WindowBuilder » WindowBuilder reverse engineering(Debug WindowBuilder with the aim to look its structure)
WindowBuilder reverse engineering [message #1787201] Tue, 22 May 2018 04:57 Go to next message
Ivan Taleika is currently offline Ivan TaleikaFriend
Hello, I'm developing a WYSIWYG Eclipse plugin for my education at university. I want to look inside of WindowBuilder plugin to learn how it works and, maybe, use ui part from there.
I have cloned the repo. Right now I'm trying to import the plugin to my workspace and run/debug it, but import errors occurs every time.
Firstly, I was trying to import it as a plugin, but WindowBuilder consists of multiple plugins and features, so when I was trying to debug one of plugin, it couldn't find classes from another plugin. Lately I imported it as a project and was trying to debug it as a "Eclipse Application", new instance of Eclipse occured, but I didn't have option "Open with -> WindowBuilder Editor", and all my breakpoints was skipped.
The question is how can I import the existing plugin to be able to debug it? Or maybe there is another effective way how to see how a project works inside?
Thanks!
Re: WindowBuilder reverse engineering [message #1796316 is a reply to message #1787201] Wed, 10 October 2018 12:56 Go to previous message
Shahriar Robbani is currently offline Shahriar RobbaniFriend
Hi,
I could import wb project and run it as "Eclipse Application" and able to debug it. Try to run mvn clean install first then try to run it as "Eclipse Application".

Cheers!
Previous Topic:Custom property editor
Next Topic:Oxygen (4.7.2) and WindowBuilder (1.9.1.201710100405)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 20:39:28 GMT 2024