Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » OCL » OCL in Activity Diagram(OCL constraint with UML Activity Diagram)
OCL in Activity Diagram [message #1787195] Mon, 21 May 2018 20:49 Go to next message
shah niaz is currently offline shah niazFriend
i have searched a lot about specifying OCL constraint in Activity Diagram.
How i will apply OCL constraints in UML Activity Diagram ?? as like we don for class diagram. there is a lot of help for class diagram but nothing for Activity Diagram
Re: OCL in Activity Diagram [message #1787468 is a reply to message #1787195] Fri, 25 May 2018 18:06 Go to previous message
Ed Willink is currently offline Ed WillinkFriend
Hi

There is no explicit Eclipse OCL support for Activity Diagrams, but a couple of problems with generic support have been fixed.

Your question is vague and certainly gives no clue as to what you actually need to do.

An OCL constraint is a truth statement typically an invariant and as such does not really apply to an Activity Diagram. A Constraint applies to the classes that the Activity Diagram manipulates. and so would be better drawn on a Class Diagram.

An OCL Expression (confusing required to be formulated as Boolean-valued Constraint in UML) may be used wherever you need to enrich the graphical UML with a textual expression. I have never used an Activity Driagram, but I presume that just like State Machines, there are guards and output values that need computation by an OCL expression.

So once you can explain what you need to do, it may be possible to help you understand why your attempt to do so is failing.

Regards

Ed Willink

Previous Topic:OCL constraints on some properties of a dependency stereotype
Next Topic:Welcome to the eclipse.modeling.mdt.ocl group!
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 21:25:01 GMT 2024