Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » Problem with architecture configuration(Error after editing an architecture context)
Problem with architecture configuration [message #1787193] Mon, 21 May 2018 20:04 Go to next message
Charles Rivet is currently offline Charles RivetFriend

Good day all,

I'm having some problem with an architecture configuration for a customer ("ABC") model.

The goal is to control the diagram palette based on type of user.

We started with a SysML configuration from which some elements were removed - that worked fine.

I added the Class diagram to this setup (based on customer requirements). However, this is where I started to get the following errors:

Problems encountered in file:
"platform:/resource/com/zeligsoft.AB.design.architecture/resources/architecture/ABSysml-expert.architecture

And, when trying to run the result of a build, I get (please be lenient on typos...I could not copy from the dialog...):

IllegalValueExpression: Value 'com.zeligsoft.AB.design.architecture.internal.commands.CreateABSysMLModelCommand" is not legal. (platform:/resource/com.zeligsoft.AB.design.architecture/resources/architecture/ABSysml-expert.architecture,3, 323)

However, that file does exist as:
[/com.zeligsoft.AB.design.architecture/src/com/zeligsoft/AB/design/architecture/internal/commands/CreateABSysMLModelCommand.java]
at:
platform:/resource/com/zeligsoft.AB.design.architecture/resources/architecture/src/com/zeligsoft/AB/design/architecture/internal/commands

and does not show any error.

Would you have any suggestions s to what could be that file "not legal?

If it helps, I do have the architecture file before and after the change as well as the complete console output (which I can easily replicate).

And yes, I did update the architecture file from a runtime instance...

Does anyone have any hints as to where to look to find the problem?

Thank you!

/Charles

/Charles Rivet
Re: Problem with architecture configuration [message #1787204 is a reply to message #1787193] Tue, 22 May 2018 06:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Camille Letavernier is currently offline Camille LetavernierFriend
Hi Charles,

The problem is probably that the architecture model references some classes that are present in your Workspace, but not in the runtime (yet). So EMF will fail to load these classes when checking for their existence.

I believe this issue is fixed in the next release for Papyrus/Oxygen (3.4.0), which should be available in the next few days. Until then, I recommend either 1) installing the bundle containing the referenced java classes in your development environment or 2) edit the architecture file from your runtime environment

HTH,
Camille

Camille Letavernier
Re: Problem with architecture configuration [message #1787286 is a reply to message #1787204] Wed, 23 May 2018 06:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Benoit Maggi is currently offline Benoit MaggiFriend
Hi Charles,

Once, I got a similar issue and fixed it by exporting the package in Manifest
( do not forget the x-internal:=true for internal packages)

/Benoit
Re: Problem with architecture configuration [message #1787448 is a reply to message #1787204] Fri, 25 May 2018 14:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Thanks Camille,

I will have to try your first suggestion as the software works fine in the runtime. It is only when I try to run the product (RCP) that I get errors...

/Charles Rivet
Re: Problem with architecture configuration [message #1787449 is a reply to message #1787286] Fri, 25 May 2018 14:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Thanks benoit, I'll try that out.

/Charles Rivet
Re: Problem with architecture configuration [message #1787450 is a reply to message #1787449] Fri, 25 May 2018 15:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message

OK, so modifying the manifests seems to fix the runtime issue, but I still can't get a product (RCP ) build - but that one looks like dependency issues...so I should be able to figure that out...

/Charles Rivet
Re: Problem with architecture configuration [message #1787469 is a reply to message #1787450] Fri, 25 May 2018 18:18 Go to previous message

Dependency issues are fixed and everything builds. Thanks everyone. (and on to the next problem...)

/Charles Rivet
Previous Topic:The papyrus 3.4 is available
Next Topic:Build error: incorrect version format for import-packages in manifest files
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 00:25:41 GMT 2024