Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » TMF (Xtext) » Errors creating Xtext Project From Existing Ecore Models
Errors creating Xtext Project From Existing Ecore Models [message #1787187] Mon, 21 May 2018 16:41 Go to next message
Ryan Dunn is currently offline Ryan DunnFriend
Very new to Xtext here and I am looking for advice on ways forward. I have imported an XSD schema into an Ecore model using the project wizard. That seems to work just fine. I can view all the generated Java classes.

Next, I used the Xtext From Existing Ecore Model. Here is where I am getting errors. During the wizard, it seems to be asking for which class it should generate the Xtext grammar file for with 'Entry rule' drop down box.

The XSD I am using has many different entities described in it. It doesn't seem to matter which one I choose however, I always get the same kinds of errors:

1. Couldn't resolve reference to EPackage 'http://...' where it is the namespace of the XSD file.
2. The imported package refers to elements in the package registry instead of using the instances from the workspace for both the XMLType and Ecore namespaces.

I am sure this is something I am just missing, but how do I fix these references?
Re: Errors creating Xtext Project From Existing Ecore Models [message #1787455 is a reply to message #1787187] Fri, 25 May 2018 16:18 Go to previous message
Christian Dietrich is currently offline Christian DietrichFriend
does the xsd ecore containing project has xtext nature and is on the classpath?

Twitter : @chrdietrich
Blog : https://www.dietrich-it.de
Previous Topic:how to write (existing) java 8 lambda in xtend
Next Topic:Accessing the `IBuildContext` from the `IShouldGenerate`
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 02:19:13 GMT 2024