Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » JFace » Where to get Jface source code including compile information
Where to get Jface source code including compile information [message #1787168] Mon, 21 May 2018 08:03 Go to next message
mind calm is currently offline mind calmFriend
Hi,

I want to optimize some codes in Jface and compile it for test. I can get the source code by "Import As" -> "Source Project" in Plug-ins perspective. I can not find any source repository of Jface.

Where can i get the source code with compile information, such as pom file.

Best regards!

by Keep Mind Calm
Re: Where to get Jface source code including compile information [message #1787175 is a reply to message #1787168] Mon, 21 May 2018 10:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nagireddy Pooja is currently offline Nagireddy PoojaFriend
The Chart title and legend are displayed on the top at the center. Using the position property of title, I can either put it on left, top, right, bottom.

I would like to display it on top-left corner instead of top-center. Is it possible?
Thanks in Advance
Re: Where to get Jface source code including compile information [message #1787198 is a reply to message #1787168] Tue, 22 May 2018 02:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
http://git.eclipse.org/c/platform/eclipse.platform.ui.git/tree/bundles/org.eclipse.jface

The JFace bundle has an `Eclipse-SourceReference` header. If you have EGit in your installation, this should be sufficient for Eclipse to automatically hook up to the corresponding source repository.

Eclipse-SourceReferences: scm:git:git://git.eclipse.org/gitroot/platform/eclipse.platform.ui.git;path="bundles/org.eclipse.jface";tag="I20180423-0640";commitId=4ffb3577eb39eb9558dd9427fb7c7b4ddbdf87dc

Re: Where to get Jface source code including compile information [message #1787270 is a reply to message #1787198] Wed, 23 May 2018 03:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi, Brian de Alwis
Thanks for your reply.

I want to compile the jface project, but I'm a newer for maven.
I download the eclipse.platform.ui project, and want to compile only jface or whole eclipse.platform.ui. but both get failed.

It can't find "eclipse-platform-parent", where can i get the "eclipse-platform-parent" project or something else helper for compile Jface project?

Best regards!

by Keep Mind Calm
Re: Where to get Jface source code including compile information [message #1787306 is a reply to message #1787270] Wed, 23 May 2018 13:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Eclipse UserFriend
You should be able to build using the `build-individual-bundles` profile. For example:
$ cd .../<git-platform-ui>/bundles/org.eclipse.jface
$ mvn -Pbuild-individual-bundles package

Hope that helps!
Re: Where to get Jface source code including compile information [message #1790000 is a reply to message #1787306] Sat, 02 June 2018 06:12 Go to previous message
Thanks you very much!

It works with build-individual-bundles.

And it need a parent pom.xml (from https://hudson.eclipse.org/platform/) and make some changes (commented out tycho-packaging-plugin related plugin section, otherwise will occur jgit error)

Best regards!

by Keep Mind Calm
Previous Topic:How to get scolling in a wizard dialog
Next Topic:JFace databinding
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 11:40:31 GMT 2024