Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Compare » Model compare with files in SVN - RCP Application
Model compare with files in SVN - RCP Application [message #1786922] Tue, 15 May 2018 15:33 Go to next message
Gail Natale is currently offline Gail NataleFriend
We have models saved in xml format in SVN. When we check out the files into the application workspace and make modifications, we provide a "compare with" mechanism in our GUI that uses the CompareUI to open the EMF Comparison. This works like a charm (with our own MatchEngine, DiffEngine, etc).

We include the CommonNavigator to display the contents of the user's workspace, and would like to be able to see this same behavior when doing a "Compare With" from the context menu. Unfortunately this is only opening a text compare. I've scoured the forums and the only thing I seemed to be missing was adding xml to the contentTypes for org.eclipse.emf.ecore.xmi. After adding the extension, we are still only seeing the text compare. Am I missing another extensionPoint or maybe some plugins in the RCP app?
Re: Model compare with files in SVN - RCP Application [message #1787211 is a reply to message #1786922] Tue, 22 May 2018 07:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Laurent Goubet is currently offline Laurent GoubetFriend
EMF Compare is not compatible with the SVN integrations with Eclipse, as the integrations themselves were not fully implementing the necessary APIs.

You might want to look at what was done in the now decommissioned subversive integration plugins (see the commit that removed them : http://git.eclipse.org/c/emfcompare/org.eclipse.emf.compare.git/commit/?id=0878c4064284dcd1ae70ca6bcb047a1a464a3162 ). This was not complete but should provide you with a starting point. Do take note that getting Subversive or Subclipse to work nicely with EMF Compare is a lot of work, as you might be able to surmised by looking at the plugins integrating EGit with EMF Compare in our code base... If that option is feasible for you, I would suggest trying to migrate to EGit if you have model comparison needs.

Laurent Goubet
Obeo
Re: Model compare with files in SVN - RCP Application [message #1787250 is a reply to message #1787211] Tue, 22 May 2018 18:26 Go to previous message
Gail Natale is currently offline Gail NataleFriend
That's sad. We really like using the model compares.
Previous Topic:Detailed informations on a difference
Next Topic:[EMF Compare] Custom Diff Engine
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 10:08:11 GMT 2024