Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Tutorial #2 Create Hello World SWT application(No Plug-ins found)
Tutorial #2 Create Hello World SWT application [message #1786875] Mon, 14 May 2018 16:05
John Caruso is currently offline John CarusoFriend
I'm a Java newbie watching YouTube tutorials which are using eclipse.
I downloaded the 64-bit eclipse to run on my Win7 64-bit computer.
I was successful with eclipse Tutorial #1 Hello World but hit the wall on Tutorial #2 Create Hello World SWT application. It fails at the step to import the SWT project from target platform using Plug-In Development Environment.
First I tried manually following the instruction to "Import From: The active target platform." Nothing was retrieved. Next I cheated and clicked on "Click to perform" and got the same result.
Then I inspected the eclipse file folder and found a sub-folder for plugins and found hundreds of plugins, so I tried importing manually again but changed the "Import From" to "Directory" and named the eclipse\plugins directory. This also yielded zero files.
Then I looked at the forum and found an entry suggesting that the Plug-in Development Environment is a separate download. So now I'm looking at a list of Plug-in downloads and I'm trying to decide which one I want.

My dilemma is none of these downloads appears to be for the 64-bit version of eclipse. Each available download says how many platforms it was tested on, but even those that say "5 of 5 platforms" do not include a file that looks like it is suitable for the 64-bit eclipse.

Please advise.
Thanks.
Previous Topic:Eclipse Could not find or load main class
Next Topic:pgAdmin 4 will not reload once exited
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 07:31:41 GMT 2024