Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » WindowBuilder » "Incompatible Java versions"(Eclipse is running under 0, but this Java project has a 10 Java compliance level)
"Incompatible Java versions" [message #1786517] Fri, 04 May 2018 22:42 Go to next message
johnny n is currently offline johnny nFriend
Dear all

I'm very perplexed with this error. I have tried finding a solution to this but to no avail. I was hoping that someone would be able to shed a little light (please?).

On the Design tab of the WindowBuilder, it says the following message:
Eclipse is running under 0, but this Java project has a 10 Java compliance level, so WindowBuilder will not be able to load classes from this project. Use a lower level of Java for the project, or run Eclipse using a newer Java version.

I've tried installing different JDK versions, changing project levels, looked into eclipse.ini and scoured the internet for some solutions - but nothing seems to work. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling Eclipse for extra measure.

I'm running Eclipse Oxygen (April 2018) with JDK 10 on Mac OS.

Thanks
Johnny
Re: "Incompatible Java versions" [message #1786577 is a reply to message #1786517] Mon, 07 May 2018 16:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Avi Abrami is currently offline Avi AbramiFriend
I'm only guessing, but in my experience WindowBuilder only works with Java 8 and below, because the format of the JDK version string changed in Java 9 and WindowBuilder fails because it fails to parse the version string. I remember reading somewhere in this forum that that problem was fixed, but I can't verify that it was and your post gives the impression that it has not been fixed. Have you tried Java 8? I would suggest removing all installed java versions and [re]installing Java 8.

Good luck!
Re: "Incompatible Java versions" [message #1786624 is a reply to message #1786577] Tue, 08 May 2018 17:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
johnny n is currently offline johnny nFriend
Hi

Thanks for the suggestion. I've tried it a couple of times and it didn't work... at least until today.

I had WindowBuilder working on a different mac previously, so I opted to downgrade to Eclipse Oxygen (September 2017 version). I then copied the specific 'jdk1.8.0_144' JDK (from my other mac). It didn't work at first, but after deleting ALL jdk10 (or any version higher) made it work. Also (to note) I installed the latest version of windowbuilder (1.9 I think).

How irritating! But that's how I fixed mine.

Thanks!
Johnny
Re: "Incompatible Java versions" [message #1787027 is a reply to message #1786624] Thu, 17 May 2018 12:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hrvoje T is currently offline Hrvoje TFriend
It's happening to me to in Kubuntu 18.04. Do I have to uninstall jdk10 from my OS or only to remove from Eclipse?
Re: "Incompatible Java versions" [message #1787326 is a reply to message #1787027] Wed, 23 May 2018 17:57 Go to previous message
Avi Abrami is currently offline Avi AbramiFriend
As Johnny mentioned. I believe you should remove all java versions and install only Java 8.
On my Windows 10 (64 bit) machine I have Java 1.8.0_171 only installed with Eclipse Oxygen 3a and WindowBuilder 1.9.1
I have no problem working with it - apart from the bugs that I offered to help fix but as yet have only found part of the WindowBuilder source code in Git.
So far, no one has stepped in to help me find the entire source code.
Previous Topic:macOS sierra: new a SWT/JFace project failed in Eclipse
Next Topic:Parser error
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 06:40:09 GMT 2024