Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » SWTBot » How to open a menu?
How to open a menu? [message #1786317] Mon, 30 April 2018 17:33 Go to next message
Lutz Wrage is currently offline Lutz WrageFriend
I am investigating to what degree I can use swtbot to automatically create screen shots that can be put in documentation. One thing I'd like to do is show a screenshot with an opened menu from the menu bar or an open context menu. I tried bot.menu("File").click(), but that doesn't seem to do anything. I can use bot.menu(...).click() to execute the command associated with a menu item, but that works without displaying the open menu.
This is on Oxygen.3a, Kubuntu 17.10.
Is there a way to open a menu using swtbot?

Re: How to open a menu? [message #1786340 is a reply to message #1786317] Tue, 01 May 2018 16:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Patrick Tasse is currently offline Patrick TasseFriend
Hi Lutz,

I remember experimenting a bit with this when I was reworking the SWTBotMenu implementation. I think I was able to have them visible, but they didn't appear where the menu bar was, or where the context menu was invoked (by SWTBot), they appeared where the mouse cursor was located, so it was interfering with the user (but then again, everything the user does with the mouse can interfere with the running SWTBot test...). So I didn't pursue it further.

Maybe it could be something that can be added to SWTBotPreferences as an optional setting (and have it 'off' by default). I'll see if I have some time to try it out.

Patrick
Re: How to open a menu? [message #1838370 is a reply to message #1786340] Tue, 23 February 2021 13:08 Go to previous message
Lutz Wrage is currently offline Lutz WrageFriend
Has there been any progress on this?
Previous Topic:SWTBot() - Could not find a display - Eclipse 2020
Next Topic:Accessing checkboxes from table
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 01:18:19 GMT 2024