Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » CDT Plugin-in Development(Final Launch Sequence(Failed to execute MI command))
CDT Plugin-in Development [message #1786137] Thu, 26 April 2018 03:50 Go to next message
Jie Chen is currently offline Jie ChenFriend
I am new to eclipse. I compiled exe success in "Debug" folder。

Finished building target: DSP_GPIO_test.exe

11:41:51 Build Finished (took 4s.26ms)

But when I debug the program ,I get this error

org.eclipse.core.runtime.CoreException: Failed to execute MI command:
-file-exec-and-symbols D:/runtime-SocIDE/DSP_GPIO_test/Debug/DSP_GPIO_test.exe
Error message from debugger back end:
"/cygdrive/d/runtime-SocIDE/DSP_GPIO_test/Debug/DSP_GPIO_test.exe": not in executable format: ??????±???????????
at org.eclipse.cdt.dsf.concurrent.Query.get(Query.java:111)
at org.eclipse.cdt.dsf.gdb.launching.GdbMultiCoreLaunchDelegate.launchDebugSession(GdbMultiCoreLaunchDelegate.java:276)
at org.eclipse.cdt.dsf.gdb.launching.GdbMultiCoreLaunchDelegate.launchDebugger(GdbMultiCoreLaunchDelegate.java:107)
at org.eclipse.cdt.dsf.gdb.launching.GdbMultiCoreLaunchDelegate.launch(GdbMultiCoreLaunchDelegate.java:96)
at org.eclipse.debug.internal.core.LaunchConfiguration.launch(LaunchConfiguration.java:885)
at org.eclipse.debug.internal.core.LaunchConfiguration.launch(LaunchConfiguration.java:739)
at org.eclipse.debug.internal.ui.DebugUIPlugin.buildAndLaunch(DebugUIPlugin.java:1039)
at org.eclipse.debug.internal.ui.DebugUIPlugin$8.run(DebugUIPlugin.java:1256)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:56)
Caused by: java.lang.Exception: "/cygdrive/d/runtime-SocIDE/DSP_GPIO_test/Debug/DSP_GPIO_test.exe": not in executable format: ??????±???????????
at org.eclipse.cdt.dsf.mi.service.command.AbstractMIControl$RxThread.processMIOutput(AbstractMIControl.java:943)
at org.eclipse.cdt.dsf.mi.service.command.AbstractMIControl$RxThread.run(AbstractMIControl.java:772)
!SUBENTRY 1 org.eclipse.cdt.dsf.gdb 4 10004 2018-04-26 11:48:43.284
!MESSAGE Failed to execute MI command:
-file-exec-and-symbols D:/runtime-SocIDE/DSP_GPIO_test/Debug/DSP_GPIO_test.exe
Error message from debugger back end:
"/cygdrive/d/runtime-SocIDE/DSP_GPIO_test/Debug/DSP_GPIO_test.exe": not in executable format: ??????±???????????
!STACK 0
java.lang.Exception: "/cygdrive/d/runtime-SocIDE/DSP_GPIO_test/Debug/DSP_GPIO_test.exe": not in executable format: ??????±???????????
at org.eclipse.cdt.dsf.mi.service.command.AbstractMIControl$RxThread.processMIOutput(AbstractMIControl.java:943)
at org.eclipse.cdt.dsf.mi.service.command.AbstractMIControl$RxThread.run(AbstractMIControl.java:772)

I don't know how to solve this. Pls help me.
Re: CDT Plugin-in Development [message #1786165 is a reply to message #1786137] Thu, 26 April 2018 11:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tauno Voipio is currently offline Tauno VoipioFriend
You did not say it, but it seems that you're attempting to create a cross-compiled executable (for a DSP, maybe), but the file extension (.exe) tells Windows that the file is a Windows executable file. This confuses the debugger, which complains that the executable is not anything it can handle.

Next time, please tell:
- which operating system you're running (Windows, OS X, Linux, else)
- which machine you're developing the program for,
- which tools you're using (GCC, MinGW, Cygwin etc..)

These cross-compilation problems may be difficult, even when there is no need to guess half of the conditions.

--

Tauno Voipio
Re: CDT Plugin-in Development [message #1786212 is a reply to message #1786165] Fri, 27 April 2018 02:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yes, you are right. I have to create a cross-compiled executable for the DSP. The connection is a remote debug connection.
I'm working on WIn7_x64 arch. The machine is TI's product C6713. The tool is TI's compiler cl6x.

I use the same command is cmd window . It works fine. But when I use these commands in eclipse, eclipse-CDT report an error. please refer to the pic.jpg
  • Attachment: pic.jpg
    (Size: 127.96KB, Downloaded 152 times)
Re: CDT Plugin-in Development [message #1786327 is a reply to message #1786212] Tue, 01 May 2018 10:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tauno Voipio is currently offline Tauno VoipioFriend
You are not running them in the same way.

In the console application, you have changed to the DSP toolkit binary directory, so the command interpreter knows to run the DSP debugger.

It seems that you have not set up the Eclipse CDT debug configuration to use the proper debugger (and maybe the correct working directory).

--

Tauno Voipio
Re: CDT Plugin-in Development [message #1786359 is a reply to message #1786327] Wed, 02 May 2018 02:54 Go to previous message
Thanks ! you are right . I edit my debugger working directory . Then it works fine.
Previous Topic:Align Const, deleting code
Next Topic:Profiling with Gprof
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 15:47:23 GMT 2024