Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » create a new sysml project/diagram(create a new sysml project/diagram)
create a new sysml project/diagram [message #1786069] Wed, 25 April 2018 07:17 Go to next message
Bruce Trask is currently offline Bruce TraskFriend
Hello,

I am using Eclipse Oxgen and have downloaded via the update site Papyrus 3.3.

I would like to create some SysML diagrams.

I follow the instructions on line and do New... Project... Papyrus Project.
The next screen only give me Software Engineering choices of Profile and UML.
In the onlin documentation there indicates that I should see a choice for SysML but I don't see that. Is there something else I should add to the install to see this?

Regards,
Bruce
Re: create a new sysml project/diagram [message #1786070 is a reply to message #1786069] Wed, 25 April 2018 07:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bruce Trask is currently offline Bruce TraskFriend
I found the SysML update site. All good. Thanks.
Re: create a new sysml project/diagram [message #1786071 is a reply to message #1786069] Wed, 25 April 2018 07:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Benoit Maggi is currently offline Benoit MaggiFriend
Hi Bruce,

The Papyrus available in the release train now only contains the Papyrus UML and the tooling to build DSML .

You can add some DSML using the eclipse market place.
https://marketplace.eclipse.org/search/site/Papyrus
(SysML is second in the list)

Can you point me to the outdated documentation ?

Regards,
Benoit

Re: create a new sysml project/diagram [message #1786867 is a reply to message #1786071] Mon, 14 May 2018 14:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Raoul Pilcicki is currently offline Raoul PilcickiFriend
hi, i am new to eclipse/papyrus.

problem:
if i create a new project in papyrus, and select the sysml architecture/viewpoints for it, in the project explorer it still creates an .uml project, with a folder containing 3 files (.di, .uml, ...)

today initially, everything went well in papyrus after i installed the latest papyrus RCP and started it directly. now i have the same issue again, both running papyrus directly and eclipse.

any help!?! did i just hit some dubious button somewhere?
thanks! raoul

• papyrus oxygen (4.7.0)
• eclipse oxygen 3.A
• mac
Re: create a new sysml project/diagram [message #1786893 is a reply to message #1786867] Tue, 15 May 2018 05:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Benedikt Bauer is currently offline Benedikt BauerFriend
@Raoul:
Quote:
now i have the same issue again

I'd really like to help but I can't see which problem you do have again. Could you please clarify?
Re: create a new sysml project/diagram [message #1786905 is a reply to message #1786893] Tue, 15 May 2018 10:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thank you, sure.
I have attached three screenshots showing what i mean:

1. I create new Papyrus Project
2. I choose SysML
3. I get an UML Project

> can I simply switch the settings afterward?
> yesterday (after reinstalling everything), I only once got a SysML project, as I had expected it. After I deleted something, there was some errormessage. When I restarted the program, that issue came back (1-3.)

Hope this clarifies things.
Best!
Re: create a new sysml project/diagram [message #1786907 is a reply to message #1786069] Tue, 15 May 2018 11:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Benedikt Bauer is currently offline Benedikt BauerFriend
Hi Raoul,

that's looking quite fine so far. If you do a right click on the root node of the "Example" package in the Model explorer, you should see a context menu comparable to this one, containing options for both UML ad SysML Model elements.
index.php/fa/32825/0/

If this is correct with your installation, then everything is fine.

If I get it right then the reason for your confusion is that you still get a .uml file and would expect a .sysml file, right? This is just due to the fact that SysML is basically just a profile on top of UML. Hence the underlying file structure is the same as with a UML project.

Hope this solved your problem.

Cheers,
Benedikt

Edit: Insert correct image

[Updated on: Tue, 15 May 2018 11:41]

Report message to a moderator

Re: create a new sysml project/diagram [message #1786914 is a reply to message #1786907] Tue, 15 May 2018 13:28 Go to previous message
Hi Benedikt,

you made my day! Thank you!!!!
Had such a headache yesterday. I knew it was just some menu-confusion issue on my side.

Thanks again :)
Previous Topic:Location of "Element Icon"
Next Topic:Design, java code generation and template parameters
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 05:24:24 GMT 2024