Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Sirius » Delete item from custom widget of property page with toolbar button
Delete item from custom widget of property page with toolbar button [message #1786022] Tue, 24 April 2018 09:16 Go to next message
Anton Poelzleitner is currently offline Anton PoelzleitnerFriend
Hey all,

I have a question regarding the deletion of items in a custom widget (table) in the property pages.

The data model is quite simple I have actor objects (nodes in the diagram), which have [0...*] properties that I display in the property view of the actor. A property is a simple name - value pair.

To display these properties in the actors property page in a table, I followed the basic custom widget tutorial on your website, which works fine. For creation and deletion of properties I provide buttons in the toolbar of the property group. (I hope the screenshot illustrates this good enough: index.php/fa/32673/0/)

Adding a new property from the toolbar works fine. But I am completely lost on how to delete a property (a selected line in the table) from the button in the toolbar. Is there any example or tutorial that I missed, or can someone put me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance,
Anton
Re: Delete item from custom widget of property page with toolbar button [message #1786159 is a reply to message #1786022] Thu, 26 April 2018 09:08 Go to previous message
Florian Barbin is currently offline Florian BarbinFriend
Hi Anton,

As the context of the widget is not visible from the toolbar actions, a first possibility could be keeping the widget selection in a singleton (probably not the cleanest solution) and retrieve it from a Java service called in the toolbar action expression.
An other possibility is to directly define those actions (add and delete) in your custom widget. In that way, you will have access to the selection.

Regards,

Florian
Previous Topic:Problem in Filters function
Next Topic:Modify sirius model via handler
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 00:42:03 GMT 2024