Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Eclipse SmartHome » Local environment and build stability (paperui)
Local environment and build stability (paperui) [message #1785902] Sun, 22 April 2018 22:11 Go to next message
Lukasz Dywicki is currently offline Lukasz DywickiFriend
Hi all,
I would like to ask you about few things related to build in general. I set up my ESH development environment a while ago on osx. Since then I moved to new machine and started to experience troubles.

Build under osx been sometimes failing, under linux I am in big troubles since I can't get paperui passing a build (NPM fails with ERR_STREAM_WRITE_AFTER_END). I would like to ask you what are recommended versions of NPM and Node which you are currently using. I am on latest releases and seems there are troubles with it.

Kind regards,
Lukasz
Re: Local environment and build stability (paperui) [message #1785938 is a reply to message #1785902] Mon, 23 April 2018 10:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kai Kreuzer is currently offline Kai KreuzerFriend
Lukasz,

afaik, the Maven build dynamically installs npm, so it is no pre-requisite to install it on your machine.
Probably best if you open an issue and post the errors from your build log, so that it can be analyzed in more detail.

Regards,
Kai
Re: Local environment and build stability (paperui) [message #1786047 is a reply to message #1785938] Tue, 24 April 2018 18:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lukasz Dywicki is currently offline Lukasz DywickiFriend
After few cycles it started to work. I am not sure what was the key. I have npm 5.8.0 installed locally so it could be that it gets in conflict with npm version which is installed during paperui build.
Since it works I am happy to leave it as is. I found earlier NPM issue which is related: https://github.com/npm/npm/issues/19989

Cheers,
Lukasz
Re: Local environment and build stability (paperui) [message #1786157 is a reply to message #1786047] Thu, 26 April 2018 08:57 Go to previous message
Stefan Triller is currently offline Stefan TrillerFriend
You cited issue could have very well been the problem for your build in some cases.

One week ago on the 18th of April we merged

https://github.com/eclipse/smarthome/commit/08eb26b31ff9d5c408da30424fab1b5f00ff4e89

and since then we are using npm 5.8.0.

But I am running the build on my local linux machine ever since without issues. The locally installed npm 5.8.0 from arch linux didn't interfere with the one installed via maven.
Previous Topic:Is P2 is really necessary for Eclipse Smart Home core
Next Topic:Update to OSGi specifications 6.0
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 21:57:49 GMT 2024