Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Model-to-Model Transformation » M2M from UML to REST
M2M from UML to REST [message #1785895] Sun, 22 April 2018 16:45 Go to next message
Dim Gle is currently offline Dim GleFriend
Hello,
I need to create a M2M transformation between a class diagram that represents IoT sensors and an UML model that describe an interaction with the classes using RESTful API.

Can anyone give me some references to some tutorials to do it?
I assume that the methods in the class diagram are still implemented and I need only to generate a model that contains the correct annotations to have a behaviour like that:

Request:
GET /[building]/room[id]/[sensor_name]
GET /office/room2/temperature

Reply [JSON]:
{
"value":25.1
}

I attach the image of my class diagram

Thank you in advance

Dim
  • Attachment: test_m2m.jpg
    (Size: 1.89MB, Downloaded 145 times)
Re: M2M from UML to REST [message #1785929 is a reply to message #1785895] Mon, 23 April 2018 08:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Willink is currently offline Ed WillinkFriend
Hi

This seems like a straightforward M2M from UML to UML. Is your problem using UML? Is your problem selection of an M2M tool/language? Is your problem understanding REST? Is your problem formulating a mapping/relation/rule? Is your problem typing "UML Model Transformation" into Google? ...

Regards

Ed Willink
Re: M2M from UML to REST [message #1785948 is a reply to message #1785895] Mon, 23 April 2018 14:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dim Gle is currently offline Dim GleFriend
My problem is to select the language/tool to create an UML transformation that fits my needs and to define the corresponding mapping. I'm new in model transformations and I'm searching some tutorials/notes that could help me to learn practically how can I do these transformations. I want to have a model like this (http://callistaenterprise.se/blogg/teknik/2014/08/05/modelling-a-rest-api-with-uml-and-keeping-it-agile/) strating from the UML model that I attached in my first post.

Thanks in advance for the help.
Regards,
Dim

Re: M2M from UML to REST [message #1785960 is a reply to message #1785948] Mon, 23 April 2018 15:04 Go to previous message
Ed Willink is currently offline Ed WillinkFriend
Hi

Within Eclipse you can choose from the following established M2Ms
- QVTo - textual, OMG standard, semi-declarative, primarily imperative
- ATL - textual, semi-imperative, primarily declarative
- Henshin - graphical, semi-imperative, primarily declarative
Your choice. Follow the tutorials for whatever takes your fancy. You can look at the project pages/newsgroups to see activity/problems/support.

Alternatively using the underlying EMF support you can code whatever you like in a Java-based language.

Regards

Ed Willink

Previous Topic:XTEND import function
Next Topic:ATL Transformations Zoo link not working
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 07:14:03 GMT 2024