Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Java Development Tools (JDT) » Unidentified Error in META-INF.MANIFEST.MF(How to resolve error in MANFEST.MF)
Unidentified Error in META-INF.MANIFEST.MF [message #1785703] Wed, 18 April 2018 14:52 Go to next message
Arthur Chan is currently offline Arthur ChanFriend
Hi, i am running eclipse Version: Oxygen.3a Release (4.7.3a)

I haven't had any problems with Java, but one day, suddenly, out of the blue, there was an error in META-INF/MANIFEST.MF

It doesn't seem to affect any of my work, but it is disconcerting and unsettling, it might affect something I do sooner or later... or not. By the way, I use Notepad++ to create files in my project folder. Could that be the problem?

What is the nature of this error?

What can I so to resolve this issue?

Re: Unidentified Error in META-INF.MANIFEST.MF [message #1785713 is a reply to message #1785703] Wed, 18 April 2018 17:07 Go to previous message
Stephan Herrmann is currently offline Stephan HerrmannFriend
We can't see what's happening on your computer.

You might want to start by explaining what error you see. Many other factors could be relevant for understanding the problem, like, what kind of project is it? Which Java version? etc. pp.

That said, yes, editing files outside Eclipse could possibly confuse Eclipse, until the workspace has been properly refreshed. For these matters even your operating system could be relevant, plus you preference for "[ ] Refresh using native hooks or polling".
Previous Topic:Help About an Applet
Next Topic:Eclipse missing plugins on startup
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 03:22:58 GMT 2024