Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Sirius » Some Validation Rules are not executed properly within the generated plugin.
Some Validation Rules are not executed properly within the generated plugin. [message #1785602] Tue, 17 April 2018 12:00 Go to next message
Christoforos Zolotas is currently offline Christoforos ZolotasFriend
Hello fellow modelers,

I am relatively new to Sirius. To date I have created the design tool I wanted for my meta-model using Sirius and it works flawlessly within the runtime environment. All the validation rules I included work as intended as well.

However, when I export it as plugin and use the plugin instead, some validation rules seem to either not get executed at all or their evaluation is not correct.

I have narrowed down the issue to two categories. To explain them let me introduce you to the structure of my meta-model. It has a root element lets call it R. This R element contains any number of some other element A. That element A is inherited by many other elements, Ai.

So for the validation rules that I have selected any of the Ai elements as the Target Class, everything works fine in both environments. The validation rules for the A element are evaluated wrong in the plugin environment, while they are evaluated correctly in runtime environment. The validation rules for the root element R are evaluated properly in the runtime environment but it seems like they are completely ignored in the plugin environment.

Are there any clues on why this is the case? Is this possibly a bug? In case you need some more specific information please let me know.

I am using Sirius 5.1 on Oxygen.1 Release (4.7.1) on a Mac.

Thanks in advance for your time and your effort!

Christoforos.
Re: Some Validation Rules are not executed properly within the generated plugin. [message #1785624 is a reply to message #1785602] Tue, 17 April 2018 14:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Pierre Guilet is currently offline Pierre GuiletFriend
Hi,

Do you use some JAVA services in validation rules of A and R that you do not use in Ai?
Also check for errors in error log.

Regards,

Pierre Guilet - Obeo
Need training or professional services for Sirius?
http://www.obeodesigner.com/sirius

[Updated on: Tue, 17 April 2018 14:59]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Some Validation Rules are not executed properly within the generated plugin. [message #1785696 is a reply to message #1785624] Wed, 18 April 2018 13:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hello Pierre,

first of all thank you for your answer, I appreciate your time.

Regarding errors in the error log, no errors are displayed when I click on the "Validate Diagram".

On the other hand I do use one Java Service, but it is used on Validation Rules that as Target Class have Ai type elements.

On top of my previous comment and remarks, today I tested a more complex scenario and there are also some Validation rules with Target Class Ai type elements that while (again) in runtime environment are evaluated correctly but fail to do so within the plugin.

Regards,
Christoforos
Re: Some Validation Rules are not executed properly within the generated plugin. [message #1785735 is a reply to message #1785696] Thu, 19 April 2018 07:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi again,

I must say that I don't see what could be wrong.
Can you provide us an example not working?

Regards,

Pierre

Pierre Guilet - Obeo
Re: Some Validation Rules are not executed properly within the generated plugin. [message #1785752 is a reply to message #1785602] Thu, 19 April 2018 10:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Pierre,

sure. I have simplified the meta-model diagram so that you dont have to deal with any complexity and I provide here a trivial instance model of it alongside the problems and warnings I get once I click validate diagram while using the plugin. I also include the respective AQL semantic constraints that while are working properly in runtime environment, do not do so in this case.

If you need the actual .ecore .design etc. files, so that you can run them please let me know.

Again, thank you a lot for your time and effort.

Regards.
Christoforos

Re: Some Validation Rules are not executed properly within the generated plugin. [message #1785767 is a reply to message #1785752] Thu, 19 April 2018 12:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I indeed wil need a complete project allowing me to reproduce your problem or else I will not be able to help you.
It should include the metamodel project, a modeling project with a representation(diagram) were the problem occurs with the aird and model instance and your odesign.

If you do not wish to share those, you can try to make an exemple by using the ecore metamodel with adapted odesign with validation rules from your original that would cause the same problem. In this case I only need your modeling project with the design.

And if you can't manage to reproduce with ecore, just your odesign. I'll check if I see something abnormal but without garanties of finding the problem.

Regards,

Pierre Guilet - Obeo
Re: Some Validation Rules are not executed properly within the generated plugin. [message #1786569 is a reply to message #1785767] Mon, 07 May 2018 13:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hello Pierre,

thank you for your time once again and sorry for the delayed response.

Please find attached the required projects. I really hope I have overlooked something obvious while building the plugin!

Regards,
Christoforos
Re: Some Validation Rules are not executed properly within the generated plugin. [message #1786792 is a reply to message #1786569] Fri, 11 May 2018 15:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

No problems.

Can you tell me what rule does not work?

Also how do you integrate your exported plugin. In the dropins folder?

Regards

Pierre Guilet - Obeo
Re: Some Validation Rules are not executed properly within the generated plugin. [message #1786950 is a reply to message #1786792] Wed, 16 May 2018 09:54 Go to previous message
Hello Pierre,

based on your question on how I integrated my plugin, I tried it to a fresh Eclipse Oxygen copy and it seems to work fine.

So I suppose that there must be some sort of conflict when the plugin is installed in the "development" Eclipse (where there exist also the corresponding Ecore/Sirius projects in the same workspace) or that something was misconfigured. I write this here so anyone in future will have this possibility also in mind once such issues occur.

Since the plugin works as intended in non development eclipse environments, I consider this issue solved, as far as I am concerned.

Therefore, thank you a lot for your time and any related effort from your part. In case I spot any related issue I will let you know.

Regards,
Christoforos

[Updated on: Wed, 16 May 2018 09:55]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:How to integrate Sirius with Acceleo
Next Topic:Warning: The EClass XXX used in domainClass is not accessible
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 20:35:34 GMT 2024