Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » How to re-arrange automatically component elements and/or copy-paste arrangement from components
How to re-arrange automatically component elements and/or copy-paste arrangement from components [message #1785449] Fri, 13 April 2018 20:14 Go to next message
boris bocquet is currently offline boris bocquetFriend
Dear Papyrus team,

this question is concerning P-RC2 project (which is more or less RobotML). In a configuration diagram, I can create a component and had some ports and properties to it.
I see by right clicking on the component, that I have a Format>Arrange>All. It moves all the components. Is there something similair but that just arrange components ports / properties equally (spacially) and with some rules? Like inport port on the left, right port on the right, service port on the bottom and properties equaly placed in a 3 column matrix?
It would give a result like attachement "VelocityGeneratorModelInConfigDiagram".

Second question. When I drag and drop this component from Model Explorer to a architecture diagram, the appearance of the component is completly different from its appearance in the configuration diagram. Why? Is there a way that I can copy-paste the appearance from the component in the configuration diagram to the component in the architecture diagram?

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards

Boris Bocquet
Re: How to re-arrange automatically component elements and/or copy-paste arrangement from components [message #1785804 is a reply to message #1785449] Fri, 20 April 2018 07:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Patrick Tessier is currently offline Patrick TessierFriend
I advice you to use ELK plugins that is focus on the layout of diagram https://www.eclipse.org/elk/ . It contains several policy or pattern to apply the layout
Re: How to re-arrange automatically component elements and/or copy-paste arrangement from components [message #1785834 is a reply to message #1785804] Fri, 20 April 2018 11:57 Go to previous message
boris bocquet is currently offline boris bocquetFriend
Hi Patrick,
it sounds like a good advise. I will give a try (soon I hope).
Best Regards.
Boris
Previous Topic:Nested Classifiers
Next Topic:Papyrus 3.3 is available
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 08:41:02 GMT 2024