Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Sirius » issue with the Reference widget in the properties view
issue with the Reference widget in the properties view [message #1785334] Thu, 12 April 2018 16:01 Go to next message
Parsa Pourali is currently offline Parsa PouraliFriend
Hello,

I am trying to add a Reference Widget on my properties page. The issue is when I select the model element in runtime, it doesn't show the reference widget in the properties view. I have tried adding text, button, label, custom widget and it works for these widgets. But, the Reference widget does not appear on the properties group/page.

I am not sure if I am setting the Value and Name expressions correctly. I am not even sure how these widget attributes are important for displaying the reference widget.

Any advise would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Parsa
Re: issue with the Reference widget in the properties view [message #1785535 is a reply to message #1785334] Mon, 16 April 2018 12:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Has anyone encountered this issue before ?
Re: issue with the Reference widget in the properties view [message #1785617 is a reply to message #1785535] Tue, 17 April 2018 14:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Pierre Guilet is currently offline Pierre GuiletFriend
Hi,

Minimal exemple:

index.php/fa/32622/0/

Reference name expression must be an EReference name available on the semantic element behind the selection. Not an AQL expression or other interpreter.

Label expression is any string you want.

Look at your error log to see if you have not an error message when your diagram is opened and your graphic element selected with properties view visible.

Regards,

Pierre Guilet - Obeo
Need training or professional services for Sirius?
http://www.obeodesigner.com/sirius

[Updated on: Tue, 17 April 2018 14:26]

Report message to a moderator

Re: issue with the Reference widget in the properties view [message #1785720 is a reply to message #1785617] Wed, 18 April 2018 19:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Charles,

Thanks for the hint. I have tried different settings for "Reference Name Expression" such as var:self , eContainer and etc...

index.php/fa/32640/0/

What I see is the following. It shows the Group section which is "Event", but it does not show the actual reference widget. Nothing is shown in the Event section as you can see... I don't know what else should I do. It seemed to be very straight forward but not sure where I'm doing wrong. Any help would be appreciated. I also don't see any relevant errors. There is only one error when I run validate command on the widget, but I'm not sure if is really the root cause "Invalid Type: org::eclipse.sirius.properties.core.api.SiriusInputDescriptor"

index.php/fa/32641/0/

Thanks,
Parsa

[Updated on: Wed, 18 April 2018 19:52]

Report message to a moderator

Re: issue with the Reference widget in the properties view [message #1785743 is a reply to message #1785720] Thu, 19 April 2018 09:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If nothing is shown it means either the reference name point at something that is not an EReference. eContainer is an EOperation so it will not work.
Or the semantic element behind the selected graphic element does not contains any reference with given name.
Or no object are pointed by the ereference on selected element.

Look at ecore metamodel if you want to know what is an EReference and what is not for ecore metamodel.

Try eStructuralFeatures and select an EClass containing an EAttribute in your diagram. Then you should see the widget.

Do you use ecore or your own metamodel?
If you use your own metamodel, test with one EReference name of your metamodel.

Regards,

Pierre Guilet - Obeo
Re: issue with the Reference widget in the properties view [message #1785776 is a reply to message #1785743] Thu, 19 April 2018 14:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks a lot Pierre. It works now :)

Regards,
Parsa
Re: issue with the Reference widget in the properties view [message #1785830 is a reply to message #1785776] Fri, 20 April 2018 11:45 Go to previous message
I am glad :)

Pierre Guilet - Obeo
Previous Topic:Sirius on the web and custom properties
Next Topic:Problem in Filters function
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 15:23:07 GMT 2024